Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2006, 04:37 PM

Default Pokertracker and WPEX

How do I make Pokertracker record my WPEX hand histories? I'm not very good with computer programs at all, so the only way I've been getting Pokertracker to work was by using it's "Auto-import" feature for Pokerstars.

I play both Stars and WPEX and would like to be able to record hands from both sites instead of just one.

Anyone know how to help me here?
Old 05-19-2006, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Pokertracker and WPEX

In Pokertracker, click on Help,then Getting Started. Scroll down and it will tell you how to import. You need to have pokertracker auto-request your hand histories and auto-imports from your email. Basically, you have to use the Auto-Import - Generic Setup option to do this.

Once you've set it up, future usage requires selecting Auto-Request Hand Histories from the Utilities menu option. You can use this feature and request Pokerstars hand histories simultaneously.

Edited to address Pokerstars import. You can configure Stars to save hand histories to your hard drive, so that you can import Stars from your hard drive while importing WPEX by email. I don't remember the details about configuring Stars, but it's do-able. Pokertracker Help can walk you through it.

Al
Old 05-20-2006, 02:25 AM

Do you set it up using that e-mail to "text writing" folder?
Old 05-20-2006, 01:37 PM

I request and recieve WPEX E-mail to my AOL account now. That is a far as my hand histories get, my AOL inbox. I read somewhere in the PT pages the PT can't import HH from AOL, Yahoo and some other E-Mail inboxes. Is this still true?

I,ve been spoiled with the hard drive HH import and get totally confused with all the different choices to make and paths to take in importing hands to PT from E-mail requests. Can someone (Pat, if you're nearby) provide a step by step instruction on importing hands from AOL E-mail? I predict some one will respond "See PT index" or "Check the PT forum" I've been there for a while and still don't see the light.

Starting with the PT "File" menu, I go to "Import Hand Histoties/..." When I select "Check E-mail", PT tries to connect to a POP3 server. (?) Seems like there should be some "Check E-mail" menu when you choose that option rather than going straight to POP3. Should I even be worrying about Check E-mail if PT can't read an AOL inbox. Do I have to send the AOL E-mail to a text folder and target PT to that folder? Is time better spent setting up a POP3 inbox though outlook express? Anyone else stuck in this limbo?
Old 05-20-2006, 02:59 PM

Set up POP3. Got hands to import to PT. Think I'm good now. If any one else has this difficulty, just BUMP.