Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2006, 12:59 PM

Default CDPoker [Noble?, Titan?] & Firewall [ZA]

I've just downloaded/installed CD Poker software due to a meager bonus I've received. The installation/registration only finished after I disabled Zone Alarm for a while.

Anyway, I was not able to login/play after that, the program just freezes after launching, even though it was properly configured inside ZA's Program's Control.

I emailed CD Poker and, after a few minutes I must say, I received the answer " ... there is a way to have your firewall on while playing. In order for you to do this, what you need to do is turn off the firewall first and load the software. Once you are able to log in, please turn on your firewall.".

I think this is not acceptable - they know they have problems and the answer is 'turn it off' instead of 'we will fix it soon'. Anyway, it didn't work. Even though I can login and go to a table with the firewall turned off, as long as I turn it on the program freezes...

Have any of you experienced this behaviour while at CD Poker or the other iPoker skins? Is there any configuration that will allow me to play while keeping my machine safe?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Old 05-19-2006, 01:14 PM

Default Re: CDPoker [Noble?, Titan?] & Firewall [ZA]

I use the ZoneAlarm internet security suite and don't have problems (I play Titan). I had to tell the software to allow Titan access, but all I did was click "Allow" when the warning window came up.

Not saying this to rag on you or anything, just to let you know that ZoneAlarm can work just fine with iPoker. I'm sorry I don't have any real suggestions.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:22 PM

Default Re: CDPoker [Noble?, Titan?] & Firewall [ZA]

Thanks for your answer dlk9s.

I have to add that I use the free version of ZA and the CD Poker software has been allowed to access the Internet Zone. And I play on other sites like PP or B2B net with no problems at all.

Anyway, IMO, their answer shows this is probably a known issue at CD Poker as long as they promptly came with their circunventing procedure.