Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2006, 01:48 AM

Default Re: Champions League Final

RJ,

You're not being fair. You're saying that the two goals for Barça plus to the one that got robbed from them make it 3-0. That makes no sense since giving them the goal means an eleven man Arsenal down 1-0. Completely different game than a ten man arsenal in a tied game (and then up 0-1).

Keep in mind that before the sending off, other than the chance that lead to it, Arsenal pretty much had full control of the game and several half chances. If they go down 1-0 we would see them attack even more than they did from the start.

I basically agree with you that the officials weren't that bad. As I said the ref should have let advantage go and given a yellow but since he blew his whistle, the red had to be shown. I also think that the free kick leading to the arsenal goal was weak. I haven't seen the Eto'o goal again to judge the offside. At the time and during the half-time replays I thought it was close but couldn't tell either way.

Jared
Old 05-19-2006, 02:30 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: Champions League Final

eh, i was def exaggerating to make my point, but i just dont think arsenal fans have a real gripe.

rj