Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2006, 04:05 PM

Default Re: 88, becomes overpair on flop.

When I first looked at this hand, I had the crazy idea to bet/fold the turn....

EDIT: Yeh, this is dumb. But I can't work out how dumb it is...
Old 01-11-2006, 04:09 PM

Same preflop and flop action? Kwaz, to have a good enough read to make this play, Villan would have to have been sleeping at the foot of my bed for the past 3 months.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:53 PM

I think a big ace is his most likely hand. No? I see him going crazy with overcards, straight and maybe flush draw (which could have hit on the turn). Anyone with me? If not, why?
Old 01-11-2006, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a big ace is his most likely hand. No? I see him going crazy with overcards, straight and maybe flush draw (which could have hit on the turn). Anyone with me? If not, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

His most likely hand is definitely an overpair, b/c 1) he doesn't raise that much preflop and just raised after two limpers 2) He 3 bet the flop. The question is does he have something like overcards, or flush draw enough to warrant calling down.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:53 PM

*grunch*

I can't fold this to a LAG. It sounds like you're not at all confident about your read, so maybe it's ok.

The problem is I think you've got 4 live outs and I can dream up scenarios where you're way ahead.

With a PFR, you're generally against a PP or suited overcards. In position, though, this raise might be to buy the button with something a little more speculative (was the Button noticeably tight?)

The flop does nothing to clarify. You're often going to see a lot of action from a nut flush / wheel draw just as AA, KK, AKo are certainly in the mix. A LAG's standards, might include weaker pairs than yours though. He might also be betting in position on the principle that the flop hit nobody and he likes his redraws. I'll buy that he has an Ace. When he 3-bets, I'm willing to give him credit for a better hand but it could still be just a super draw.

The turn is a mandatory continuation bet for CO. He's giving you the opportunity to make a mistake and for the size of the pot, I think you have.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:14 PM

Boz got it right that the villain was misrepresented. Ok, new plan...

You limped PF... hmmm.
What do we know about UTG+1? Nothing? Anybody else raise this preflop in MP2 against a single unknown limper (probably loose if OP's table selection is any good) in micros? I'd rather freeze out the field and the blinds here. With more limpers and/or better position, I'd be playing more for set value.

OK, sLPA traps your limp PF, so you're probably dominated by an overpair. After an out-of-position fold (grr), everyone checks to the raiser so he is obliged to bet his hand which is probably best. After the fold you're headsup and you c/r?!

I still can't fold an overpair, so I go into call-down mode. A guy like this is going to build the pot for you betting the thinnest of edges and a fair nubmer of underdog hands. Just let him lead unless you know you've the better hand. FWIW - if I was going to put a move on someone on this hand, it would be to call the flop, c/r the turn, donk the river... calling a 3-bet and folding to one more is just asking everyone to take shots at you.