Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2006, 08:15 PM

Default tricky 77 hand

Early on, no reads. Comments on all streets appreciated.

Is the river raise just spewage? (even though I got lucky and won this pot)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (4 handed) CP hand converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
Old 05-17-2006, 08:20 PM

Default Re: tricky 77 hand

Flop and river raise are bad. You probably had the best hand on the river, and you're not folding a better hand.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:24 PM

I'd fold the turn - I'm not to keen on my 7hi flush being good 3way and your pair is very very rarely good.

I was going to say that the river raise is pointless, but then I realized SB gave up on the river - i think this is often a weak J trying to show down cheaply. it actually might work but I'd want a read that UTG is the type to bet a busted draw here and at 1/2, in a 3way pot I wouldn't really want to bank on that. I'd probably be torn between calling and folding and end up going with fold.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:28 PM

Flop raise is spewage.

River play depends on your reads on the villains.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold the turn - I'm not to keen on my 7hi flush being good 3way and your pair is very very rarely good.

I was going to say that the river raise is pointless, but then I realized SB gave up on the river - i think this is often a weak J trying to show down cheaply. it actually might work but I'd want a read that UTG is the type to bet a busted draw here and at 1/2, in a 3way pot I wouldn't really want to bank on that. I'd probably be torn between calling and folding and end up going with fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the river went check / bet, I thought there was a good chance that UTG had been calling with a lone high diamond. Since the pot was large, I took a stab that possibly I could get SB to fold a hand better than mine. At 1-2, I'm sure that this is a pipe dream. I must have had them both beat. But I was just trying to take advantage of what appeared to be a bluff by UTG.

I think that probably the worst part of the hand was the turn call.