Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2006, 10:40 PM

Default Re: My friend is trying to cheat the IRS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why on Earth would you bring OJ into this?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored], why don't you guys understand the juxtapositioning of two popular crime issues to expound on the inherent injustices of a system of law which punishes white collar crime more severely than the murder of individuals?

Oh, let me guess, you went to public school paid for by taxes.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:36 PM

Default I\'ll report him

pm me his info and I'll report him for ya so you don't feel like a rat. I will then share whatever kind of help fee I get for reporting him.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"a guy who's screwing over millions of people?"

I think the government is doing that rather than one individual. This is where we philosophically differ.

[/ QUOTE ]
perhaps they are (that's obviously a huge topic for a different time), but by cheating the IRS, other people ultimately will have to pay their taxes instead.

fwiw there are about five people other than family that I wouldn't report, I'm just talking about most people I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buddy, if that's your attitude, then you ought to just report everyone you know who gambles at all. I guarantee that very few of them are reporting all their gross winnings and netting out their losses. Even the losers are are violating the law. It wouldn't be hard for the IRS to prove that they violated the law knowingly (even if they would have no net gambling income) and exact a fine. You can help enrich the government's coffers and teach those horrible criminals all a lesson.

But seriously, I guess I'm just of a different moral code. Ratting on someone for not paying their income tax to me is much worse than not paying your taxes. Unfortunately, you do have the law behind you.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored], why don't you guys understand the juxtapositioning of two popular crime issues to expound on the inherent injustices of a system of law which punishes white collar crime more severely than the murder of individuals?

[/ QUOTE ]

We understand your juxtaposition. We just don't care and don't see why you thought this thread ought to have anything to do with the "inherent injustices of a system of law."

By the way, our system of law does not punish white collar crime more severely than the murder of individuals. Despite your interest in OJ, you seem to have failed to grasp (or at least explicate) the "inherent injustices" in our justice system, despite the fact that they have been well-known a long time before OJ was even born.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:10 AM

"We understand your juxtaposition. We just don't care"

"the "inherent injustices" in our justice system, despite the fact that they have been well-known a long time before OJ was even born."

Well known and PROMOTED by those of you who will turn citizens into the government for incarceration despite the fact that they pose no threat to society.

Clearly, the punishment for not paying taxes should only be paying what is owed and a fine to cover additional expenses. Yet nobody seems to be advocating that, and instead will turn informant so the Gestapo can take a neighbour away.

...while OJ plays golf...

Not that you care.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is, they just think it's idiotic to bring OJ to this discussion.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"We understand your juxtaposition. We just don't care"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if everyone just keeps repeating this he will see something shiny and go away
Old 05-17-2006, 01:26 AM

Quick Question, I am kinda dumb on the situation.

What if you make 300k online, have transactions of withdrawing the cash, but then "lose" it all playing high-stakes poker at the Ballagio??? What taxes would you pay??? How could they prove you didnt dump all your 300k online winnings playing 4k-8k; thus, making your actual taxable income 0???

TIG
Old 05-17-2006, 01:27 AM

IMO you'd be doing your friend a favor by telling him to start paying taxes or you will report him.

The IRS will catch up with him sooner or later. I'd bet it is quite likely he could avoid jail, but the penalties and interest will feel like taking it without any KY.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:15 AM

Default Re: My friend is trying to cheat the IRS *DELETED*

Post deleted by Dids