Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2006, 12:15 AM

Default should i see a showdown?

Villan is 42/31/Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4SB, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4.5BB, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, Hero.......

I was thinking that checking the turn and callin a river maybe another way to go.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:52 AM

Default Re: should i see a showdown?

[ QUOTE ]

I was thinking that checking the turn and callin a river is the way to go.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-16-2006, 01:19 AM

I like betting the turn because it charges the draws and you can't afford to give free cards since there are so many cards that can beat you. I like betting the turn and folding to a raise.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:25 AM

but a guy like this can be raising a lot of hands. He might think that my hand is not strong (which is right) and could be moving me of the best hand.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:40 AM

I'm not certain about the flop raise here. What are you looking to accomplish? Realisically, the best you can hope for is to knock out the SB. Sure, Villain could three-bet and knock out UTG, but in that case you are likely in trouble and probably would have preferred to have UTG along to pad the pot in case you hit a miracle card. Finally, even if you are ahead on the flop (which you very well might be), there must be a truckload of turn cards that will sink you. The problem is, I don't particularly like calling or folding either. I guess I'd just take one off and re-evaluate on the turn, but I'm hoping someone else can persuade me that this is wrong.

As to the turn action, Villain's aggression #'s or some other sort of read would be real helpful here. That said, I agree that giving a free card when holding that small of a pair is a bad idea on this board. I'd probably bet/fold the turn, unless villain was real tricky/aggressive, in which case I'd bet/call the turn and take it to showdown unless the flush card hit.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:59 AM

I'd rather 3-bet than fold. You're ahead most of the time, (then again, I don't know what an aggression level of partypoker means). Never check the turn. Either 3-bet and evaluate if a VB is in order on the river, or just call down.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:25 AM

Damn i was way off. Don't know what i was thinking.. no wonder i suck..