Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Tiffany Vs Shiek, Shiek vs Mike

the KJ Tiffany vs the AA Shiek hand. After Shiek goes all in:

"I did this 2 days ago and doubled up"

I still can't get over how much time she wasted on making her decision. "Can I see it at least?" <sigh>
Old 12-29-2005, 06:37 PM

I've been thinking about this hand, alot of people think Sheik waited so long because he was hoping she'd eventually talk herself into a call (which is reasonable).

However if you call time quickly perhaps you look like you don't want a call and are therefore subtly encourage a call out of a thinking player.

Note: I said a "thinking" player, so Sheik was mostly right to sit there and hope she'd eventually call.

But if I'm a player not in the hand I'm calling time way before he does.

Oh and we rip on HDOG plenty and it's in good fun, but Aaron Kanter is as bad or worse a player (not that I'm great, I'm saying relative to the other players left in the field, these two were grossly bad, based on the hands shown on TV, but the poorness of their play on those few hands is indicitive of an overall poor player).
Old 12-29-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I figured Mike vs the Shiek would be a runaway but I am surprised that the Shiek isn't alot farther ahead of Tiffany, I think some people are letting his behavior againist Mike influence the other vote.

RZ

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-29-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure if you go back and look at cardplayer, it really is closer to 15 minutes. That's my memory of the reports at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was saying he would call time in 3 minutes, not that it actually took 3 minutes.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:47 PM

I'm a little surprised that most of the comments re. time to decide are blaming her. OK, so she's slow for whatever reason. But if the rest of the table let her go 15 minutes they only have themselves to blame.

Whether or not I am in a hand, when someone is taking their time to make a play I'll let 5 minutes pass and then first ask the TD how much time is left in the current round (even if the f'ing clock is right in front of me I will ask). Then I'll ask for a clock. It should never go more than 7 minutes max! If ANY player cannot make a call in five minutes they need to take up a new line of work.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a little surprised that most of the comments re. time to decide are blaming her. OK, so she's slow for whatever reason. But if the rest of the table let her go 15 minutes they only have themselves to blame.

Whether or not I am in a hand, when someone is taking their time to make a play I'll let 5 minutes pass and then first ask the TD how much time is left in the current round (even if the f'ing clock is right in front of me I will ask). Then I'll ask for a clock. It should never go more than 7 minutes max! If ANY player cannot make a call in five minutes they need to take up a new line of work.

[/ QUOTE ]

5 *minutes* ???

I'm going to need serious drugs if I ever play in a live tournament.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and we rip on HDOG plenty and it's in good fun, but Aaron Kanter is as bad or worse a player (not that I'm great, I'm saying relative to the other players left in the field, these two were grossly bad, based on the hands shown on TV, but the poorness of their play on those few hands is indicitive of an overall poor player).

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, do I disagree. Except for the donk kings move near the end, he seemed like he was trying to take pots from people while in position, hoping they fold, but having backup should they not in a draw or overcards. Not saying it's great poker by any means, but it does have some imagination, whereas H-DOG is not only a donk but a Grade-A angleshooter too. If she were playing my table, she gets 15 seconds to act every hand before I call clock on her, period.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:12 PM

ah, had I read it correctly, I would have voted the other way around...I thought it was who were you rooting for...I am stupid. lol