Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2006, 06:44 PM

Default Thinking of a new poker game.

I want to design a new poker game.

This game needs to accomplish the following:

<ul type="square">[*]It must rake more than it seems to rake [*]The pot must increase quickly [*]A novice (drunk) must be able to win big, and win multiple times[*]There must appear to be skill in the game but that skill must be negated by luck [*]As a game of luck it must appear that the game is a game of skill[*]A lot of players must be able to play at one time[*]The success of other players must be emotionaly and intellectually denyable[*]Personal losses must be emotionally denyable[*]Personal wins must be very self reinforcing[/list]
Is this do able? Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Old 01-11-2006, 04:59 AM

Default Re: Thinking of a new poker game.

Sounds a lot like No-Limit Six Card Omaha to me.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Thinking of a new poker game.

I have recently came up with a game and I think I'm going to call it "World Poker Tour All-In Hold 'em." Basically, you play against the dealer.

After looking at your cards, your choices are to fold and give up your ante, bet an additional five times your ante ($25 in this example), or bet an additional ten times your ante ($50). If you bet, the dealer will either "fold" and pay you an amount equal to your ante only or "call" and run the five board cards. If you win, the dealer pays both your ante and your bet (that is, $30 or $55 in this example). If you lose, you naturally lose both your ante and bet.

The dealer determines whether he will call the players' bets by the following rules:

If he has a pair or two cards that total 17 or more, he will call all bets. (Points count as in blackjack, so 98, Q7, and A6 would all be 17-point hands.)
If he has a pair or two cards that total 13 through 16, he will call the five times bets, but fold to the ten times ones.
With 12 points or less and no pair, he will fold to either size bet.
There are many interesting facets to this game.

What do you guys think? Should I copyright this before someone else takes my idea?

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]