Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2006, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Diet/weight loss pills

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IMO, 90% of people dont need any pills. It is tough, but very very possible to get down to 10% bodyfat by eating right and working out. ECA/ and those types fo pills should be used for someone at a plateau, who want to go the extra step and get really ripped, like from 10% down to 6 or 7. It actually makes it easier in the long run if you only use ECAs to get really ripped (6%) if that is your goal. Its too easy to get down to the low double digits to need to rely on help.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this logic at all, it's ok to eat right but (help in the form of "natura;" foods), it's ok to use protein shakes (help in the form of food supplements) but another kind of help is like cheating or something, dude he doesn't want to win the olympics he just wants to get shredded and [censored] some hit bitties I say take whatever you can get and read up about first, why waste your time, drugs mean you can make the most of your workouts and be as productive as possible with the rest of your time.

Eating really good and getting to a low body fat is [censored] hard work and requires more time than most people who want to have life outside that and their work or study have. I know I dieted and ate seriously for about 6mths one year and it really consumed my time. Yes it got easier but it was still a pain I feel and I'd be unlikely to ever return to that kind of lifestyle in the near future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont put words in my mouth. Or else at the very least work on your reading comprehension, because that is not what I said at all. Its not cheating at all and I never said it was. BUT all these drugs have diminishing returns. If you are 50lbs overweight, and start using these drugs right from teh get go, by the time you start to get to the area that it gets a lot tougher to lose fat, you are going to need to up your dosage so much it will probably be unhealthy, beause your body has adjusted to it. I would rather see someone lose the easy weight without the drugs, because when it does get tougher to lose weight, the 10% range, the ECAs are REALLY going to help, because your body hasnt adujusted.

If you are 100lbs overweight, there is a huge difference between losing the first 80lbs, and the last 20lb. The first 80lbs are realyl easy to get rid of, the last 20lbs is where you are going to get the most use of whatever supplement you want to use.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is the point of adding aspirin to it? A further appetite suppresant? It seems like adding any kind of aspirin to that much caffiene is just going to eat a whole through your liver?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
what is the point of adding aspirin to it? A further appetite suppresant? It seems like adding any kind of aspirin to that much caffiene is just going to eat a whole through your liver?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a synergistic effect between the three. I don't remember exactly why aspirin is added to the mix, but it works. I'm sure you can google "ECA stack" and find out why. FWIW, I've never heard of an "EC stack", only ECA stack. I've used it in the past, it's very effective.

~25mg ephedrine, ~250mg caffeine, ~100mg aspirin. 3x a day every 4 hours or so. You'll build up a tolerance pretty quickly, so you need to cycle. When I used it I went 2-3 weeks on, 1 week off. Also, get in your last dose at least 4-5 hours before you go to bed. It works and it's cheap.

*edit* I googled it myself out of curiosity. The wikipedia entry has this:

"Aspirin inhibits prostaglandin production outside of the cells, which, in conjunction with caffeine, greatly prolongs the thermogenic effects and increased metabolism by substaining elevated cAMP levels."
Old 05-15-2006, 01:57 PM

There is ECA (Ephedra/Caffeine/Aspirin) and ECY (Ephedra/Caffeine/Yohimbe), and both work well. Ephedrine can be substituted for Ephedra if you can't get the natural compound - pick up some Vasopro which has 25mg of Ephedrine in it, very inexpensive.

But make sure you get on the damn elliptical machine for 20 minutes a day, three days a week, and cut out caloric sodas. Get used to diet soda, and start consuming protein shakes. Shoot for .5g per pound of body weight to start off with.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:12 PM

Or you can go for Clenbuterol if you don't want "quite" as many side effects. Supposedly pretty popular stuff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clenbuterol
Old 05-15-2006, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hoodia Gordonii is probably a great idea for you. It's non-stimulant and works strictly as an appetite suppressant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have tried this-it seemed to work, but I cannot tell you if it was the Hoodia or the placebo effect.
I used it for a short time, but once I get into eating clean -its pretty easy to maintain.

Here are a few articles I found.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in656458.shtml

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9802459/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...nt/2947810.stm

I think it was worth trying-I personally cannot use the stimulants-caffeine is often too much for me.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hoodia Gordonii is probably a great idea for you. It's non-stimulant and works strictly as an appetite suppressant.

http://www.4-womenshealth.com/altaso..._clinical.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this seem like the right stuff? I'm very interested in trying it out.

http://www.supplementscanada.com/popeyes/now.html#815

I've used ECA before and I really like the energy/appetite suppression but I find the caffeine to be a bit much and get jittery, have trouble sleeping and some trouble focusing playing poker, as well as a shorter fuse on my temper. I don't often get angry, but I jump to quick anger when I'm all hopped up on ECA. Hopefully the Hoodia will be a good appetite suppressant for after dinner without killing my sleep and/or making me a rageaholic.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:27 PM

I tried the hoodia, even got the supposed quality stuff. Did not work for me at all. And it's expensive.