Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2006, 07:48 AM

Default Thursday\'s OC Finale: What happens? (spoilers from Fox previews)

According to the ads I saw tonight, one of the people listed below WILL DIE on Thursday's season finale of The O.C. Who do you guys think it will be, and why?

At first I was thinking Julie Cooper after the last episode, because the previews for the finale listed her as one of the people that might die; she's a completely expendable character. However, all of the five people listed in the ad I saw tonight on Fox are pretty integral to the show and I'm very surprised that one of them is getting the axe. Anyway, what do you guys think?

I vote Summer, because there is no O.C. without Sandy/Ryan/Seth and Rachel Bilson is probably more expendable (and less associated w/ the show) than Mischa; the whole Ryan/Marissa drama has been a plot line since day 1, so it's hard for me to envision the writers taking that away.

If you already know for whatever reason, please do not spoil it for the rest of us; this is just for guesses/discussion.

EDIT: Changed title since I don't want to ruin it for people that haven't seen previews.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:50 AM

Default Re: Who\'s getting killed in Thursday\'s OC Finale? (poll, plz no spoile

Oh wow, wtf. Sandy.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:04 AM

Default Re: Who\'s getting killed in Thursday\'s OC Finale? (poll, plz no spoile

Editing the title was a good move. I'm kinda bummed you posted this at all but now I'm really looking forward to it at least.

Sandy seems the obvious choice.

I can't imagine it will ever be Ryan or Seth.

I really doubt it will be Summer, and hope it isn't. She is too cute to get killed off.

I remember reading gossip recently that Mischa wanted off the show but doubt that would be written in so quickly. It would be great if she bit the dust though!
Old 05-15-2006, 08:13 AM

Sandy does seem to be the obvious choice due to the troubles he's been in recently, but he's always been the moral compass in the show; he's kinda the glue/voice of reason that holds everything together, although that's been deviating a little bit since he took over the Newport Group.

In addition, Seth and Kirsten would absolutely never recover if Sandy died. There is no way future seasons could be realistically written that did not involve the two of them moping around all the time. As for girlfriends, though, I think you can give it maybe half a season and then Seth is banging Anna...

...assuming that there are "OC Transplants in Norcal/Providence" seasons, anyway. I don't know anything about whether there's gonna be future seasons or not. Given the popularity of the show though I can't see Fox abandoning it anytime soon.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:51 AM

gb,

Given writers' love of cliffhangers, I can't imagine they'd actually let someone be offed before the summer; I predict you'll have to suffer until September (or, since this is on FOX, like November, because of baseball) to find out more.

I haven't seen this show in awhile, but enjoyed the first season. Is it still any good? Has everyone slept with everyone yet? Any incest? I hear they already played the lesbo/bi card, which makes me think there's a shark swimming nearby just waiting to be jumped.

As for your question, I hope Mischa Barton's character gets stuffed into a woodchipper a la Fargo so she can become a full-time coke whore.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:55 AM

tug,

It has been crap since S1 ended. Although S3 is so bad it actually makes S2 seem great.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:15 AM

The end of season 3 has been much better than the beginning of this season or much of the second season but it's been down hill ever since season 1. Chicks are getting hotter but the plot lines have gotten a lot worse for the most part.

Mischa supposedly is just a part time character in the next season if there is one.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:36 PM

I thought the advert said something like "1 of these characters *may* die"? Guess not.

What are the plans for next year's OC? If they plan on focusing more on the college lives of Seth / Summer / Marisa / Ryan, Sandy is the clear choice I'd say.

[ QUOTE ]
It has been crap since S1 ended. Although S3 is so bad it actually makes S2 seem great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on - although I'd say it has picked up a little near the end of S3.

-Al
Old 05-15-2006, 01:44 PM

This show has a giant fork sticking out of its back.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gb,

Given writers' love of cliffhangers, I can't imagine they'd actually let someone be offed before the summer; I predict you'll have to suffer until September (or, since this is on FOX, like November, because of baseball) to find out more.

I haven't seen this show in awhile, but enjoyed the first season. Is it still any good? Has everyone slept with everyone yet? Any incest? I hear they already played the lesbo/bi card, which makes me think there's a shark swimming nearby just waiting to be jumped.

As for your question, I hope Mischa Barton's character gets stuffed into a woodchipper a la Fargo so she can become a full-time coke whore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also IMO, Olivia Wilde (chick who's kissing Marissa) is absolutely smoking.