Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2006, 11:27 AM

Default 1/2 b\'gio hand

sunday morning, everything's dead in the bellagio, there's a 100/200 game running and not much else. i think that's the only time i've been in the poker room and only seen 3 games running (2/5 NL, 30-60, 100-200).

guy in the SB is on tilt.

no info on MP, but he has $22,000 in front.

I post the BB.

MP raises, folds to SB who three-bets

I call

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

MP calls

Flop

4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets, I raise, MP calls, SB three bets, I call, MP calls

Turn

9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets, I raise, MP folds, SB calls

River

K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

sb bets, I raise, sb calls

Thoughts on this line....?

Also, what range do you put the SB on here?
Old 05-15-2006, 11:44 AM

Default Re: 1/2 b\'gio hand

Why not cap preflop and try to knock out MP? This would leave you heads up, with position vs the tilting player, with dead money in the pot. The worst that could happen is MP calls 2 cold which would be fine also.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:51 AM

A question from the ignorant:

What's the point of the turn raise? SB is never folding an overpair, right? There's very little outs-clearing value, considering your As and Ks are good unless SB has AA or KK, in which case you're damned anyway. Are we raising purely to fold another AK from SB? Are we looking for the free showdown here?

Just seems like it doesn't accomplish much except get in a lot of money with a draw and open ourselves up to an expensive three-bet.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:54 AM

i raised the turn hoping MP might fold a pair, which is what i figured him for.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:03 PM

Yes MP might have a pair, but isn't it more likely that SB has a pair and he's definitely going no where. I don't see the point of the raise at all. Did you think you could beat SB without improving?
Old 05-15-2006, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes MP might have a pair, but isn't it more likely that SB has a pair and he's definitely going no where. I don't see the point of the raise at all. Did you think you could beat SB without improving?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hole 1 – 367 yard par 4
This short, but challenging uphill par 4 requires a well-placed tee shot between a large fairway bunker on the right and the creek on the left. This leaves a short iron second shot into an elevated green. The false front punishes shots that fall short, so the player would be wise to play for the middle of the green. However, the fast green slopes from back-to-front and anything long will face a very difficult up-and-down for par.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:37 PM

I don't mind the postflop and have done similar things under very extreme circumstances in the past. But the guy in the SB has to be tilting a lot, not just a little bit.

The preflop is interesting if it obliges SB to bet out on any flop, which allows you to raise any flop. However, I don't think I like it as much in a game with a 5-bet cap.

btw, is the Bellagio now spreading 100/200 instead of 80/160? In conjunction with 80/160? Or was this just some weird Sunday morning scenario?
Old 05-15-2006, 01:46 PM

they were spreading both this weekend, and it was a weird sunday morning scenario, too.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:56 PM

I prefer making it four bets pre-flop because I like playing strong hands in position heads-up against tilters.

I've made raises like the one you make on the turn but I never feel like I can adequately justify them. I think you basically never take the pot right there and there's not a lot of out-cleaning value, either. Also, you're not going to be thrilled if the tilter makes it three bets.

River: Well, unless your tilter picked up AA/KK or went runer-runner with K9, it really looks like your King is the best hand. I think you'll end up chopping here once in a while and winning most of the time so I like the raise. In the future, you should probably not post the villain's final action. Since we can all see that he just called, it makes your hand and river raise look better.

BTW, what's with the scope resolution operator in your location?

SpaceAce
Old 05-15-2006, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, what's with the scope resolution operator in your location?

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell is that?