Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2006, 11:35 AM

Default Nice draw against tilting aggr 200NL 6max, spew?

Sorry don't have the HH handy...

History, villian is tilting, tiltiing because I keep putting a lot of pressure on him. We have been in several raised pots and I have come over the top of him every time to force a fold. Villian was somewhere around 66/8 over a couple hundred hands. I have been at about 43/12 for this session with him.

PF: Two limpers to me in HJ (~$670) I limp with 89o, villian ($350) in CO raises to $6, SB calls, BB call, limper in UTG+2 calls, limper in MP folds, I RR to $24, villian tanks and calls the rest fold.

Flop: (~$68) JT3r, I lead for $32, villian RR to $80, hero RR AI.

At this point the his hand range is fairly wide do to tilt. Likely holdings are AJ, KJ, QJ, TT-QQ.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Nice draw against tilting aggr 200NL 6max, spew?

If villain is tilting and you keep pushing him to fold, don't you think this is a likely time for him to call you light? If so, why not play a small pot until you hit your hand, and then pressure him to call you light once you have your hand made? I think you get hooked up here most of the time with top pair or better, and almost all of his range is at least that good...
Old 05-15-2006, 11:47 AM

If this guy's tilting as bad as you think, he's not laying down any of the hands you put him on.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:22 PM

Ya, I don't get it. You gave a strong read, then played the hand the opposite way you should have.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:18 PM

is pushing into a tilting villain that has announced he liked his hand with 9 high spew? Um, I think it's the definition of spew.

The other downside is that since you've announced you have an overpair with the LRR, then if he can beat that he's calling for sure (JT for instance).
Old 05-15-2006, 01:57 PM

PF is pretty wacktastic, but whatever.

You are getting looked up here all day.

Villian is only going to fold a bluff.

I think his hand range is stronger than you give him credit for.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:46 PM

Limping and reraising UTG often means a monster hand, but I have never seen a player limp after other limpers, reraise, and actually have a strong hand. Your preflop play is very odd and I think it screams weakness.

As others have said, pushing this flop against this opponent is definitely spewing.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:05 PM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
PF is pretty wacktastic, but whatever.

You are getting looked up here all day.

Villian is only going to fold a bluff.

I think his hand range is stronger than you give him credit for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very donktastic indeed, but hey it works for me most of the time. I am donkey, hear me roar! LOL

Here was my wornout thinking towards the end of a marthon session live then 3 hours online...

We had been playing back at each other a lot, RR light was common for the two of us. We were pretty much running over the table. The other players on the table were willing to take on one or the other but very very rarely both at the same time.

So the limp RR was more to take the dead money and isolate against the villian (it was very very rare that I entered a pot that he did not raise if I limped and about 50/50 if he RR my raise) who I figered was capable of laying down more times than not PF. And if not PF on the flop. It was nice to catch the open ender, but I likely would have made the same play with any two (in my mental state at the time), since I was sure he would laydown more times than not unless he really connected with the flop.

When he re-poped me on the flop I should have just folded. Looking back on it I see that my mind was not working 100% on this guy. I was thinking he was full it a lot more than he really was. I likely do not get away with that [censored] again against him. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

He called the AI and I sucked out with a 7 on the turn and he flashed AJo for TPTK. It was good from the stand point that he was more willing to play a big pot with only TPTK. And I stacked once more before he got too mad and left.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Results

Lol you think he's tilting so you push with 9 high? Nice. You're getting looked up here all day long as a big dog.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
Very donktastic indeed, but hey it works for me most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't hate it too much, in general, but with the current flow of the game, i think you get looked up too much.

Woulda been sick if you had a big hand.