Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2006, 10:29 AM

Default Diet/weight loss pills

I found a lot of threads on search about diet, but nothing on diet pills specifically. My question is, do they (stuff like Dexatrim) work well? Anyone with first-hand knowledge about stuff?
Old 05-15-2006, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Diet/weight loss pills

The EC stack (25mg Ephidrene, 200mg Caffeine) 3x/day is lovely, though you will be twitching all over the place the first few days, you have to make sure to cycle off after a certain amount of time and the withdrawal from the huge doses of caffeine is hellish.

But it works great at appetite suppression, etc. I won't say more because you should do your own research before thinking about using them, but, yes, they work if you can use them responsibly and manage the side effects.

Edit: Forgot to say because it was obvious to me, one of those "is this too basic to mention"s: They mostly work to help you eat less, of course. If you just take the pills and eat the same amount of food, you'll stay fat.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:49 AM

Second vote for the ECA stack... add baby aspirin to maximize the effect. Great appetite killer and energy booster.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The EC stack (25mg Ephidrene, 200mg Caffeine) 3x/day is lovely, though you will be twitching all over the place the first few days, you have to make sure to cycle off after a certain amount of time and the withdrawal from the huge doses of caffeine is hellish.

But it works great at appetite suppression, etc. I won't say more because you should do your own research before thinking about using them, but, yes, they work if you can use them responsibly and manage the side effects.

[/ QUOTE ]

Add aspirin to it.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:59 AM

Straight to the meth me thinks.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:40 AM

what is the point of adding aspirin to it? A further appetite suppresant? It seems like adding any kind of aspirin to that much caffiene is just going to eat a whole through your liver?
Old 05-15-2006, 11:59 AM

i think people that try to substitute pills for discipline don't actually want to achieve their goals, they just "think it would be nice".

especially in the case of weight loss, why even bother? the real problem is your lifestyle. weight is only a symptom of the disease.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think people that try to substitute pills for discipline don't actually want to achieve their goals, they just "think it would be nice".

especially in the case of weight loss, why even bother? the real problem is your lifestyle. weight is only a symptom of the disease.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd just like to note that i think its much easier to maintain weight than to lose it. i am currently 5'11 170, not overweight by any means, but not super "ripped". i have no trouble maintaining 170 with my current lifestyle, but it takes a significant amount of discipline\commitment to actually lose weight
Old 05-15-2006, 12:15 PM

ECA is legit. Basically, I think the only things that work are the actual stimulants. Anything herbal that is not an actual stimulant is probably bogus. I took ECA once, but I was in working out pretty heavily and about 15% bodyfat. ECA got me pretty ripped, probably less than 10% bodyfat. But if you are just a lazy fat guy then taking diet pills is pretty moronic.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:15 PM

some people have good natural metabolism, and they either stay close to average while eating more than average or they fail to get completely obese while eating a ton. but even for them there's a big difference maintaining their "natural" level of weight and maintaining it after weight loss. when you weigh less you burn less calories.