Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2006, 02:15 PM

Default Against a short stack- 2 questions

<font color="green">Hand #1</font> <font color="blue">On this hand, I see 9 clean outs (clubs) plus the 3 aces might be worth 1-2 outs. I suppose runner-runner options can add another for a total 12 outs, giving 2.8-1 odds twice. (What are my actual odds when seeing both?) The buttons push would give me 5.80-3.30 or 1.75-1 odds. Against poor odds, do you ever take a gamble to try and knock out a short stack.... hoping he will be replaced by someone buying in full?
</font>

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($56.47)
Hero ($23.70)
CO ($10.47)
Button ($49.99)
SB ($4.05)
BB ($43.64)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="#666666">2 fold</font>, SB calls $0.65, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($2.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB calls $3.30 (All-In), Hero calls ????

Hand#1 note: <font color="white">The actual flop was 4D,7C,5C giving me an even closer 16-17 out (1.7-1) odds. I called and button showed AD5D </font>

<font color="green">Hand #2</font> <font color="blue">Not a hand history just a general query.
Two folds to you. You are CO with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] w/ 100BB.
Bttn is short stacked ?BB and has 80/50/20 over twenty hands. Most raises are Pushes.
The blinds are rocks and haven't called any hands where the Button has raised.

What is the break even stack for Button for you to get involved in the hand? We can assume for this exercize that Button will either fold or push if we bet.</font>
Old 05-14-2006, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Against a short stack- 2 questions

[ QUOTE ]
Against poor odds, do you ever take a gamble to try and knock out a short stack.... hoping he will be replaced by someone buying in full?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes - frequently with varying success - recently the dam shortstacks keep sucking out [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] - however if successful most often a player with a bigger stack takes his place - if it doesn't work usually it does wonders for my table image [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've stopped cbetting at shortstacks completely tho. That just isn't worth it.

[ QUOTE ]
Bttn is short stacked ?BB and has 80/50/20 over twenty hands. Most raises are Pushes.
The blinds are rocks and haven't called any hands where the Button has raised.

What is the break even stack for Button for you to get involved in the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

er pass we need to know his hand or likely range to work that out I think. - in this situation I am making my normal raise and praying he comes OTT - he's a maniac I am taking absolutely ANY pp to the felt vs this guy HU if I can.

vs 44 he likely has 2 overcards and we're a slight favourite so it doesn't matter what his stack is. If he has an overpair we're a huge dog. We want to get all-in preflop vs this guy. Once the flop comes if he's playing almost any 2 which seems plausible unless we flop a 4 we're the underdog.

OP hand is an easy call I think with 9 outs - reload preflop.