Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2006, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Ken Griffey JR

[ QUOTE ]
You would think testifying before a grand jury that he's used steroids would count.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for the little matter of detail that Bonds never testified that he's used steroids. It's hard to 'count' something that never happened, not matter how much you want too.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You would think testifying before a grand jury that he's used steroids would count.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would if it ever happened
Old 05-13-2006, 09:22 PM

Location: always C/Ring with 3 outs and usually getting there

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for the little matter of detail that Bonds never testified that he's used steroids. It's hard to 'count' something that never happened, not matter how much you want too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm going crazy...But I'm pretty sure there was leaked testimony from Bonds in front of the grand jury that said he "Unknowingly" took steroids
Old 05-13-2006, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm going crazy...But I'm pretty sure there was leaked testimony from Bonds in front of the grand jury that said he "Unknowingly" took steroids

[/ QUOTE ]

Bonds admitted to putting something under his tongue as well as injecting something, but he didn't know what they were.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:07 PM

if he didn't know what they were - and come on, now - it doesn't change what they were.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:10 PM

okay, seriously, just read this
Old 05-13-2006, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if he didn't know what they were - and come on, now - it doesn't change what they were.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is fairly true. However, people get cortisone and B12 shots all the time.

Now, Bonds isn't stupid, and he testified in the BALCO investigations with the grant of immunity. Grand jury records are theoretically supposed to remain locked under key, and is not public information.

Since it is not public information, baseball is going to have a hard time legally defending leaked grand jury testimony that may or may not be accurate as a reason to asterisk his name or remove him from the records, should Barry (and the MLBPA) sue the MLB.

It's highly likely that he took illegal and/or banned substances while playing baseball. However, you can't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt, so enough of this "Bonds took steroids" [censored]. We don't operate on 'maybes' and 'probablys' in this country.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously he knew what they were, 0% chance any professional athlete takes any kind of "supplement" w/o knowing what it is/does. But thats just a guess.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
0% chance any professional athlete takes any kind of "supplement" w/o knowing what it is/does. But thats just a guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you "guess" 0%. If you have no knowledge of it, it is ridiculous to say 0%. I also have no knowledge of how professional athletes and their trainers work, if the athletes just take what the trainer gives him or whatever. But by guessing 0% is just completely retarded.

My "guess" is that Mr. Trainer says, here take this stuff it will make you recover faster and give an extra boost of energy. If I'm an athlete, and some guy I am paying a bunch of money to make these decisions for me, then I am taking it without any second thoughts.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
okay, seriously, just read this

[/ QUOTE ]

that shows as long as Barry didn't commit perjury, that most of the steroid hate is over the top. Yes he took something and had unjustified trust in his trainer. But to take steriods unknowingly is not as bad as intentionally using them.

Granted an athlete is responsible for what they put in.on their body.