Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2006, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Fatties. My money where your mouth is.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Russ M. 27, 5'11"
Current Weight: 334
Current BMI: 46.6
Goal Weight for BMI 25: 179
Goal Weight for BMI 22: 157
Weight to lose for BMI 25: 155
Weight to lose for BMI 22: 179

Russ, you've got weight to lose but it's not as eye-popping as some of these guys. You don't post much in OOT, and I don't know you very well at all. I'd suggest that anyone bitter for not being picked direct their scorn at Russ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for picking me. I was looking over the list of people who wanted to lose weight and began to think "Jesus, watch me not even be a big enough fat piece of poo to not make the 'Biggest fat pieces of poo list in OOT'."

Whenever I post in OOT, it's mainly in the Lost, 24, and Sopranos threads. I've really been a giant fatass for all of my adult life and most of my childhood, as my friends and I would ride our bikes up to the grocery store (Publix down here in Florida) and buy candy and crap to sell to kids at school. I did this for awhile, then I started eating the candy (Blow Pops, bite-size Snickers, etc) and thought "Hey, this is much better than these worthless coins!" I'd also ride up to TCBY like 2-3 times a week.

Once I started to get older (10-13), I'd ride up routinely and buy the big package of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (the package that has like 10 or 12 of em) and other assorted goodies and then I'd have to sneak them into the house so my parents didn't see. Then I'd scarf them down. Usually it'd take me only 2 days to finish them all, then I'd go back. Ugh.

Once I stopped doing that, my new drug of choice was pizza, and that has continued all the way through today. A Papa John's opened up shop like 100 feet from my house, and I used to get one large pizza every Friday night. This turned into two pizzas a week, then three, sometimes four. And I'd finish them off with little problem, only occasionally I wouldn't be able to finish one last slice. I'd sneak pizzas into the house during the day and finish them off, then, because my dad would always give me crap about the empty pizza box (the nerve!), I'd just throw them under my bed and into my closet. At its worst, I had like 20 boxes in my closet and probably at least 8 under my bed. I had to wait until late at night and drive to the closest dumpster and toss them all in so nobody would see me. I still eat pizza every week because it obviously has had no adverse affects on my body over the last 10 years. Pizza is the bane of my existence.

I played tennis and baseball in high school, and I also tried to play a lot of football and basketball whenever I could. Like I said earlier in this thread, if I didn't play sports, who knows where I'd be today. Maybe dead. My dad has had a long history of heart problems related to poor eating and smoking. I'm just one giant [censored] when it comes to health. I seriously need help and I'm very glad this is happening.

I will post my pics tomorrow. Need to borrow a camera from my buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you should see a therapist about your food issues.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:55 PM

Despite not being picked, I'm still going to go through with this, and keep a log.

Here's my log (with picture): www.kraln.com/?blogid=3
Any other fatties want to make a sidebet? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2006, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, sounds like he just needs to stop eating like a 8-year-old left home alone for the week-end [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2006, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, sounds like he just needs to stop eating like a 8-year-old left home alone for the week-end [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would I ever want to see The Rapist? HA HA

Yeah, I've thought about it. It's easy to say "stop doing that" but it's much harder, obviously with any addiction it's the same. The thing I struggle with the most is that I've never cooked more than basic stuff and I don't know what to cook. I'm clueless. If I don't have anything at home, it's either fast food or pizza because it's convenient.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:06 PM

all contestants should take front and side view pics to get a true feel for the fatness and then weight loss
Old 05-11-2006, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would I ever want to see The Rapist? HA HA

Yeah, I've thought about it. It's easy to say "stop doing that" but it's much harder, obviously with any addiction it's the same. The thing I struggle with the most is that I've never cooked more than basic stuff and I don't know what to cook. I'm clueless. If I don't have anything at home, it's either fast food or pizza because it's convenient.

[/ QUOTE ]

feel free to PM me.

i have tons and tons of good recipies that are as easy and OMG delicious.

i am "lazy" but not entirely so my definition of "easy may not match yours, however when you taste this "easy" food you'll never go back...

the cravings and addiction are what you'll have to deal w/ though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Barron
Old 05-11-2006, 10:49 PM

As mentioned, pictures taken in hopes of capturing professive weight loss.

Warning, these are pretty non flattering and gross if you think fat guys without their shirt on are gross. They're also not all equal distances from the mirror...

http://www.bdids.com/images/weight%20loss/

From now on I'll be taking a weekly side view as well.

I'm posting these in the name of accountability, but hopefully everybody can be mature about it and not be too dickish.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:50 PM

Good on you! Best of luck.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As mentioned, pictures taken in hopes of capturing professive weight loss.

Warning, these are pretty non flattering and gross if you think fat guys without their shirt on are gross. They're also not all equal distances from the mirror...

http://www.bdids.com/images/weight%20loss/

From now on I'll be taking a weekly side view as well.

I'm posting these in the name of accountability, but hopefully everybody can be mature about it and not be too dickish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job getting into this dude.

I must say, in all honesty, I have never really liked you much, but you get major props from me for doing this. I do not think I could have done the same.

I wish you the best of success. Don't give up.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:11 PM

OK.

Here is a list of folks who have pledge to me. This list includes all the Dids specfic pledges and anybody who pledged for all 5.

I would assume all of you who planned to match bison would be using the revised pay scale?

Also, jason_t suggested a min loss goal, which I like. Clearly I shouldn't be able to drop 10 lbs and make money. I think 50 is a good min and I'm tempted to think it shoudl be higher.

Also upon scanning this thread I was a dick to Dcifer in my post- sorry duder.

bison
abones
pokerbob
scrub (up to 100)
jorge10
cincyhr
rocketlaunch (1/2)
entity
DaverR (x2)
Larry David ($10 per lb up to 100, $5 after, assuming he weights 165 at time of payment)
xwilience (.25 per lb)
hoi polloi (.25 per lb)
Max Power (first 100)
Sponger (1/2 of bison)
JRussel
dcifirths
El-D (25% of bison)
jason_t/mslif ($1 per lb min loss of 50 total of 200 if target of 200 is reached)
sifmole (.25)