Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2006, 03:56 PM

Default WSOP Veterans, I have a question....

Ok, I "googled" the hell out of this and went to the RIO site and couldn't find any information on the subject. What kind of satellites are run at the RIO prior to the WSOP? More importantly what kind of MTT, STT's were offered last year? What buy-in leveles? What were the payouts like? Winner take all? Thanks in advance.

- I just moved to Vegas, so the dates and when they start do not matter. I am also already in the Main Event, Event #1, and Event #17 but want to get in as many as possible if they makes things any clearer. Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2006, 04:30 PM

Default Re: WSOP Veterans, I have a question....

Last year they ran one table, winner take all, sngs all day all the time. The buy-ins varied and you won tournament chips. At night they would run a MTT for the main event. I think this was a rebuy but cant recall for sure and I also dont recall the buyin.

They also started running a $540 Mtt at night which had a fairly poor structure.

Basically there were always sngs running with an Mtt most nights.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:47 PM

Lots of STT's available. Starting at $50 total. Top 2 finishers each get tourney tokens equaling $225. These can be used for the nightly MTT or other STT's. Other STT's included $125, $300 and $500 and $1,000. In these tourneys, they only paid the winner, but deals were always being made. The nightly MTT was $225 + 1 rebuy I believe.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:56 PM

WSOP Sattelite Info

The structure for the $1040 Mega sattelite looks good.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:02 PM

It says that the tournament chips can ONLY be used for Event #39... What if I win two seats?
Old 05-09-2006, 11:51 PM

I think the tourney chips for the main-event satellites can only be used for that.

But all the single-table sat's I played gave you $500 entry-chips that could be used for ANY tourney (including more satellites

and non-bracelet events).
Most of the time I just sold them though. Easy as can be. Go up to a $500 or $1000 single-table satellite that's starting up. Somebody will have the cash on them and will buy the chips from you straight-up because they don't really care.

Or if you play another $225 single-table or something then you just buy-in for a couple other players and they give you the cash instead of the dealer.

I basically played the single-table SAT's just for the cash and I did pretty well (re: ran pretty hot).

they had various MTT's as well.
I think they had a $200 at 3p and a $500 at 7p (or something like that).

I think the $200 with re-buys that somebody mentioned was an MTT sat to the main-event (1 ME seat given for every $10k in the prize-pool).