Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2006, 10:04 PM

Default Recent low-mid level games in Vegas

While this topic comes up quite a bit, it's also a situation that seems to be in a bit of flux of late, so I'm hoping for input from some Vegas locals and recent visitors. I'll be in Vegas next week, looking to play mostly Hold 'Em - limit 4/8 up to 5/10 kill (if offered) and NL 1/2 and 2/5. After reading here and allvegaspoker, I have a few room-specific questions.

1) How are games really going lately at the Venetian, and what are they spreading reliably? Has the no rake promotion actually made the room a rock garden?

2) Will WPT affect the number of tables given to ring games at the Mirage in general, and do you expect it will diminish specifically the number of lower level tables?

3) Does the Aladdin 5/10 kill still run? If not, does any other room offer one?

4) Are MGM games really as good as most reports indicate?

Thanks to any and all helpful responses.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:28 PM

Default Re: Recent low-mid level games in Vegas

[ QUOTE ]
2) Will WPT affect the number of tables given to ring games at the Mirage in general, and do you expect it will diminish specifically the number of lower level tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

No...the mirage has been dead the last few days in the night time...

quite dissapointing
Old 05-09-2006, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No...the mirage has been dead the last few days in the night time...

quite dissapointing

[/ QUOTE ]

That blows. I guess I'll find another place to play on Thursday night when I get in.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That blows. I guess I'll find another place to play on Thursday night when I get in.

[/ QUOTE ]

you'd think there would be more action

today was the $2500NL tourney and I just called and they have one 2/5NL game going

the other two nights, both 1 games, and a 4 handed 5/10NL game...also some 4 handed 40/80 but the room is hardly busy unless you wanna play 3/6

to OP...to address your initial questions

[ QUOTE ]
1) How are games really going lately at the Venetian, and what are they spreading reliably? Has the no rake promotion actually made the room a rock garden?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes...the venetian has picked up but it is ALL LOCAL ROCKS minus a few tourists staying in the room at this point...the fact I've seen the same faces 4 out of my last 5 trips there says something about the clientele they've surely attracted the freeroll seeking nitty type

[ QUOTE ]
MGM

[/ QUOTE ]

that place has two strikes in my book, I've been there twice and both times have been dissapointing...

my final attempt will be on a weekend, if no good, I'll never return to that place
Old 05-09-2006, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

today was the $2500NL tourney and I just called and they have one 2/5NL game going

the other two nights, both 1 games, and a 4 handed 5/10NL game...also some 4 handed 40/80 but the room is hardly busy unless you wanna play 3/6

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was kinda excited about the side action when I realized it was tourney time. It may be okay since I'll probably be at 6/12. No 40 game for me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2006, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was kinda excited about the side action when I realized it was tourney time. It may be okay since I'll probably be at 6/12. No 40 game for me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of the Mirage's slowness has to be attributed to Caesars Place running it's $10,000 WSOP circuit event starting on Monday (and other events on the weekend prior).
Old 05-10-2006, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I played 4/8 at the Venetian on Sunday afternoon from about 4PM until about 7PM. It was certainly not a rock garden. It was unusual to see less than 5-way action, usually it was 6 or 7 to the flop. There were several family pots, too, and I can't remember the last time I saw one of those.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I played 4/8

[/ QUOTE ]

I shouldve mentioned that I've been playing both 2/5 and 5/10NL, not 4/8 (and would 4/8 ever be a rock garden? goes without saying)
Old 05-10-2006, 03:20 AM

I just got back from Vegas, I played at Mandalay, TI, and MGM Personally I loved the action at MGM, The dealers were good, cocktail service was pretty good. The players ranged from chip spewing fish to out-of-towners with a couple of nits thrown in for good measure.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
4) Are MGM games really as good as most reports indicate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not when I've been there, but game quality is probably high variance.