Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2006, 04:26 PM

Default AA river play

a)bet river or check/call ??
b) lets imagin that river card was Ks? check/call?

SB - 22/6/2/149
UTG - 86/0/0.5/109

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) CP hand converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (16.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (22.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 22.50 BB
Old 05-09-2006, 04:30 PM

Default Re: AA river play

You can probably bet/call this river. Only hand you are afraid of is KK, if SB had a 4 or made his boat on the turn he would have 3-bet you. If UTG c/r you on the river you can probably fold although it is too big to fold for one bet. Probably the same thing if a spade fell.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:32 PM

My opinion:

A) Bet The River. What are you concerned about? KK? If he raises you, you've invested too much into this pot already to not show it down.

B) Check/Call if it's a Ks. Again, the pot is too big to fold.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:55 PM

I would bet this river and make sure to add UTG to my buddy list.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:56 PM

a) I'm bet/calling this river.

I'm not too worried about a full boat or even a set/trips because SB didn't 3-bet when the 4 paired on the board meaning he likely didn't have it. In my opinion we have the best hand unless someone had KK in which case they would be stupid to attempt a C/R on the river because they would have the 2nd nuts.

Honestly the fish scares me more and that is always the hardest type of play for me to read.

b) If a suited card falls on the river then I probably check/call, but I still wouldn't think a bet is necessarily a bad move here as the flush would be pretty slim with only 1 spade on the flop and all of the raising throughout the hand.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:03 PM

As is, I'm bet/calling the river. If he has KK, good for him. That's really the only hand I'd be worried about from the SB.

Even if the river was the Ks, I'm still betting the river, and most likely calling a raise. SB shouldn't have the flush. AsQs is the only hand I imagine he raises preflop with that would make a flush, and I can't imagine him going that crazy on the flop with just AQ. If UTG check/raises the river on the third spade, I'd probably call anyways, although I wouldn't be too excited about it.