Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2006, 10:53 AM

Default AQo

BB just sat. He bought in for less than 10BB and based on his name I'd guess he's not too smart.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.20 BB
Old 05-09-2006, 10:53 AM

Default Re: AQo

Daddy likes.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:57 AM

I am raising the flop
Old 05-09-2006, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am raising the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

here's the thing, we're making a little bit of money on every single bet that goes in on the flop. it probably isn't that much, but the way villain reacts is going to tell us a lot about his hand, very valuable information.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am raising the flop

[/ QUOTE ]
... the way villain reacts is going to tell us a lot about his hand, very valuable information.

[/ QUOTE ]

meaning exactly what? That we fold to a 3 bet on the flop? That we fold the turn UI if he 3-bets? He's not folding a K and we don't want him to fold T or 6 here (we may want him to on the turn, but if we keep the pot smaller we can make that move then).

I really like hero's line here. Let villain bet for us - win the most/lose the least type thing, right?

~FishNChips
Old 05-09-2006, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
meaning exactly what? That we fold to a 3 bet on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

of course, we're seeing the river always. we have a pretty strong hand here.

[ QUOTE ]
He's not folding a K and we don't want him to fold T or 6 here (we may want him to on the turn, but if we keep the pot smaller we can make that move then).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very confused by this - he's not folding a T or a 6 if all we do is call, and of course we want him to fold one.

[ QUOTE ]

I really like hero's line here. Let villain bet for us - win the most/lose the least type thing, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

as I said, I really doubt we're losing money on any flop bets (in other words i believe our flop equity &gt;50% even when 3bets go in), and the more bets that go in the more defined villain's hand becomes, and the more misrepresented ours is. just think about what that means with respect to the FTOP, we will just play better on later streets and our opponents will play worse.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:28 AM

Hmm..
I'm thinking turn raise. No worse hand will 3bet, and everything else calls. If you get 3bet, you've got a boatload of outs against everything but the nut flush.
He'll likely just call his Kx hand here for fear of the flush, and you get a free showdown if you want it on the river.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:39 AM

I think this is well played. Against the right player and in position turning into a calling station with a marginal hand is a great idea. Obviously, if the other player doesn't bet, you can and should. I see no place for a raise here (or a fold, of course)
Old 05-09-2006, 12:01 PM

I like the play too.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm..
I'm thinking turn raise. No worse hand will 3bet, and everything else calls. If you get 3bet, you've got a boatload of outs against everything but the nut flush.
He'll likely just call his Kx hand here for fear of the flush, and you get a free showdown if you want it on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be calling not raising. Think about it... if the opponent has a worse hand you want him to bluff the river. You can't protect your hand from a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] draw and a free showdown isn't needed, therefore a raise isn't ideal this time. Sometimes aggression is bad... this is a perfect example.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]