Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2006, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Creating a public W$/T$ purchasing/selling site, need ideas

Well the twoplustwo guys need to talk it over, because we really need to have their okay since we would like people here to be able to be referred to the site -- again we would not have ads on any aspect of the marketplace. We would also love everyone here to contribute to the features. We would post the design as it stands now and get everyone's feedback. We have a great development team and you guys are all free to look at the site now to see the work they have done to confirm the quality of the work.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:49 PM

Well whatever you guys want to decide. I'm finishing the site tonight, I'm going to hopefully have it posted for people to try. I have a really crappy reserved domain name, and i have registered a new one for the site that will be active in a day or two.

I thought the programming for the site was easy, I'm following the route that simplicity is the best thing. You sign up for an account, you sell your T$/W$ or you go on the site looking for a good deal. You complete the trasnaction, it becomes unavailable for everyone else and then you go to Poker Stars and fill in the details.

I'm not trying to compete, I'm just trying to make something nice for everyone to use, I saw a need, I have the web space and I figure it would be a nice tool for everyone to use. Here you come, coming on to my thread in which I'm just looking for ideas and say: "Here is my web site address, we were thinking about doing that first, I'd like to do that now that this other guy is completing it tonight, how about it." Pretty common, and I'm sure somewhat against the rules since your first sentence is an advertisement for your site.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:33 PM

This wont turn into a fight here or I will squash the whole project.
~Justin
Old 05-08-2006, 09:35 PM

Hey, if you already did it and everyone likes it that's fine with us. I made the post because we really did spend considerable time designing and developing it, but scraped the idea when we found out that we couldn't promote it through here. No big deal at all. Perhaps what you have is great and will do the trick which I'm all for. I'm not trying to compete with anyone and the purpose of the post was not to promote my site. As you can see, I'm a regular here and have been for a few years, so I really am trying to do what's best for poker players in general and twoplustwo users in particular and I'm not trying to break any rules or piss anyone off.

So in closing if what you have works and people like it, great, end of story. In fact, I would be happy to share what we've thought up with you. Alternatively, if people want to all get together and contribute to the design of the marketplace (and twoplustwo is okay with it) we will foot the bill on our site. Of course, you can also develop what people want to see in a marketplace yourself (I was trying to be helpful!).
Old 05-09-2006, 02:00 AM

My mistake I wasn't trying to create any ill-will I just take a lot of pride in the projects I work on. If you want to check out what I have go www.paid2playparty.com (the website name will be changed in a few days, or at least another site will be redirecting toward it so it is a good site name) I would appreciate any constructive criticism or any ideas you may have.

I think your website is very impressive and blows mine away design wise. I am just going for simplicity. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]