Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2006, 06:31 AM

Default 99 OOP

I don't have that many hands on the opponents and no reads, but let's assume MP1 is passive and only raises quality hands preflop.
MP1 is 24/5/0.5
MP3 is 48/32/1

1/2 9 handed

Hero is dealt 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises, MP1 reraises, </font>, 1 fold, <font color="red"> MP3 caps </font>, 3 folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls

Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 players 13,5 SB
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="red"> MP3 bets, Hero raises</font> , MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

If it goes bet and raise after my check, then I can fold, right?
I don't know if I can fold any hand here or get much of information, hence I don't know if the c/r is better than calling?
Is passive MP1 likely to bet an overpair here?

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 players, 9,75 BB
<font color="red"> Hero bets </font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Noone has shown any aggression, but I'm afraid that I might be betting the hand for MP1.
If I didn't have the gutshot straight:
I can fold to a turn raise from MP1 I think? If MP1 calls and MP3 raises, I can fold too, right? If MP1 folds and MP3 raises, I call?

River: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 players, 12,75 BB
Hero checks, <font color="red"> MP1 bets </font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Without indicating the result, I don't like this call, but the pot is big.
Without MP3 on this river, HU with a passive opponent I would usually bet, but isn't this a case where he could check hands that beat me because the pot is "big enough"? Do he call w/ AK?

Is there an alternative line to any street? What about c/c the flop? In that case, how would you play this turn?
Old 05-07-2006, 08:15 AM

Default Re: 99 OOP

I think that you overplayed this hand.

Thats because, even though MP3 appears to be loose, you dont know what his raising standards are.

I would consider that MP3 would be likely to have a higher pocket pair than yours when he caps preflop.

So I would have folded to the preflop cap.

I would also have folded after the flop bet and raise. It just seems too likely that you are behind a higher overpair and drawing thin to improve.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:12 AM

I'm pretty much folding this flop to any overcard if I don't make a set. Is it not worth seeing the flop for 2 SB when there's 11,5 SB in it?

I don't know how to play the flop (and turn), that's the part I'm most interested in, but MP3 doesn't need to have an overpair. He didn't raise the flop, I did.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty much folding this flop to any overcard if I don't make a set. Is it not worth seeing the flop for 2 SB when there's 11,5 SB in it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinking a bit more, I accept that its reasonable to see a flop for set value.

Old 05-07-2006, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how to play the flop (and turn), that's the part I'm most interested in, but MP3 doesn't need to have an overpair. He didn't raise the flop, I did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to be messing up my posts.

Sorry about that. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I didnt originally notice that you raised the flop.

I would bet the flop with your overcards in case your opponents had overcards like AK.

If either of your opponents raised your flop bet, I would fold as I would then consider that they most likely held a higher overpair.

If your flop bet was only called, I would bet the turn as long as an A or K did not fall.

Same for the river.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:03 PM

I like the check-raise first. You get to see how the two aggressors act in the hand before you act. If it went bet, raise then you can easily fold your 9s. However, I like his check raise since MP3 could just be continuing with AK or AQs. I like the turn given the action. The river is difficult. It really looked like they were fishing with missed overs. The Q is scarey and I'd probably check call as well just in case you induced him on the end.