Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2006, 02:28 AM

Default Re: Unconventional ways that you\'ve made money

"Unconventional ways that you've made money."

In high school, a few friends of mine and I printed fake money, but we did it in the conventional ways. Though we did color it with green tea in the microwave, so maybe that part was unconventional.
-James
Old 05-07-2006, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i sold my passport once when i was 14. this was before they were machine readable and while russia's borders were still closed. i got an absurdly large sum for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are going to regret this eventually.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:22 AM

in HS my friend worked at a video store that sold ticket master tix. we got a roll of blank tix, a dot matrix printer and voila. the biggest event was barbara streisand, we sold tixs for nice bank.

i worked on a lobster boat one summer for about $100 a day. i started asking for my pay in live lobsters. i would then go on a busy road and sell them, take me about two hours, and would double my daily earn.

when i was in 4th grade, me and a friend would just ask kids for their spare change in the cafeteria. we wanted to buy nintendo games with the money. we had collected over $100, until i was absent one day, my desk was cleaned by another classmate. he asked the teacher what to do with the big bag of money in my desk. i had to expalin to the principal what it was, and then go through the classlist and estimate how much i borrowed from each person, i just threw random numbers at each name he mentioned.

i had a good fake id, and always bought kegs for parties, then i sold the cups......or buying beer in general, you always get to keep the change.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:45 AM

We had a friend in high school who worked in the box office at the movie theatre. He got the job as a sophomore, I believe. We all ended up having 2 or 3 jobs over the next few years, each time moving to a better job, or for more pay, etc. But Scott always stayed at that piece of crap theatre, taking crap from jackass bosses, never getting a raise or promotion or anything. We never understood why.

At our graduation after party, we were ragging on him a bit, and he finally broke the story. He had some sort of similar scheme going where he was writing free passes for movies and keeping the money. He had it down to a science, this guy was brilliant - he got it to where they trusted him, never took too much or at the wrong times, and absolutely nobody knew it. He said he made thousands over the couple years, making way more than any of us had made combined at our crappy ass jobs.

Most impressive to me was how as a 16 year old pulling this off he was able to keep his mouth shut and not brag about it, even to his best friends. Still one of the most amazing things I've been witness to.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:18 AM

I went to college in Rochester NY. My friend got me a shirt that says "Colorado is for Hustlers." At a party some dude was like, "I bet you $20 you're not even from Colorado." I said okay and pulled out my license.

translated by johnnybeef
Old 05-07-2006, 04:44 AM

Hey, one of my friends got me that shirt too!

Also, some idiot came up to me one time and said, "Why is Colorado for hustlers?" and I said, "Because I'm from there."
Old 05-07-2006, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

In high school, a few friends of mine and I printed fake money, but we did it in the conventional ways. Though we did color it with green tea in the microwave, so maybe that part was unconventional.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

How real did it look? I talked to someone who did this as well and they said it looked exactly like real money except for the texture.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:11 AM

i started asking for my pay in live lobsters

haha, awesome.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:29 AM

Back in high school I used to deal sports cards in bulk. I was one of the early "bulk dealers" on ebay before the market got crowded. I would buy from a guy in Syracuse and sell on ebay and make like 5 times the amount I paid for them. I was only 17 or 18 so I was too dumb to turn them over faster or I could have made 10 times the money I made, although I did very well for a high school kid. I sold usually anywhere from 100,000 to 1,000,000 cards per deal.

In college a friend and I bought thousands of those subway cards(ones where you get a free sub) for like $700 off of ebay. We broke them up and sold them and kept a bunch and ate subway for free whenever we wanted.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-James

[/ QUOTE ]

How real did it look? I talked to someone who did this as well and they said it looked exactly like real money except for the texture.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looked 100% real. We crumpled it up and then ironed it to give it the look of real currency's texture - the biggest problem was that it didn't weigh the same amount and that the texture was easily distinguishable as different if you had another bill on hand. That's why it's important to use it only when you are going to get coins as change.
-James