Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2006, 06:05 AM

Default Re: tell me about Tustin, CA

I don't think Tustin is the wealthier part. It's actually the less wealthy part, but there's that big shopping district there. I'm Asian and I liked OC. I could imagine it being kinda boring if you're white (Because a big part of OC is Westminster/GG/Fountain Valley and there's a lot of stuff to do there if you know what to look for).

Good weather, close to beaches.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:39 PM

tustin is NOT a "wealthier" or "nicer" area of OC. it is actually one of the more ghetto city's.

the nice area of tustin is the part that boarders irvine. the market place and tustin ranch area. other then that, tustin is a pretty sh1tty ghetto just like santa anna. and santa anna is most defintily not a "decent place to live".
Old 05-05-2006, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tustin is NOT a "wealthier" or "nicer" area of OC. it is actually one of the more ghetto city's.

the nice area of tustin is the part that boarders irvine. the market place and tustin ranch area. other then that, tustin is a pretty sh1tty ghetto just like santa anna. and santa anna is most defintily not a "decent place to live".

[/ QUOTE ]

Retarded bump and and even more retarded post. Santa Ana has some of the highest property values and nicest houses in socal. Downtown S.A. is dirty, but S.A. is a big city. Saying that Tustin is one of the more ghetto cities makes me think you have never been anywhere.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:52 PM

Ghetto city? Please.Having lived in Tustin from age 2-19 and graduating from Tustin High I can say Tustin is in the middle to nicer areas of OC.The closer you get to the foothill area it gets down right swanky.

As for the OP if you have any more specific questions just ask and im sure I can help.

worthless trivia - P.S. Tustin is the city where John Locke the character from Lost was born.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:58 PM

There's a medical marijuana shop in Tustin, but the city has it shut down for now.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:29 PM

I live in Tustin ranch, which borders Irvine and is a pretty nice area. easy access to the 5 freeway and toll roads. Tustin is generally a pretty nice area to live in, it's very convenient and a more affordable alternative to living in say Irvine, Newport Beach, Laguna, etc.

I assume you are thinking about buying/renting. 1 bedroom condos in my area start at the low-mid 300's and rent for a 1br apt is roughly $1,300/mo. Gets much more affordable as you go towards the older areas which border Santa Ana, older but certainly not ghetto as may have been suggested above. I think you in the older area 1br prices are around the $1,000 range.

I don't have kids, but I hear that the Tustin school system is considered to be very good. Dunno what else I can add... oh there's a lot of great family run Japanese/Mexican restaurants.. there is also no nightlife whatsoever, but that's pretty much most of OC. I moved out here on my own for work, it sounsd like you may be doing that. Sometimes I wish I had moved to a more "fun" area like LA.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Too expensive to rent. Live in either Costa Mesa, Santa Ana or Huntington.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tustin more expensive than costa mesa or huntington? weird.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:05 PM

Badpokerplyr,
There is plenty of nightlife dude you just gotta know where you are going.

Sponger,
Costa Mesa is probably one of the cheaper places to live. I talking strictly about apartments, I have no clue about houses. I recently moved and found that Tustin and Irvine were the most expensive. I guess people pay more for newer buildings, cause I don't get it.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:56 PM

Tustin is most definitely more expensive than Costa Mesa or Huntington. The thing about Costa Mesa and Huntington is that many of the buildings there are pretty old, and to be honest, the areas aren't as nice and secluded as Tustin.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:43 AM

Others on this thread have tried to help you, but exit Newport Blvd from the 5 Fwy and head North/East toward the hills.

Right when you exit off the 5 you'll say, "see...it's not very nice." Then take it past Irvine Blvd and say...hmmm...I guess it's nicer. Then take it past 17th St and in those hills and the area around Foothill High School you might realize how wrong you were about the "non Tustin-Ranch" areas of Tustin. You will find many homes $700k+ to $1M+, in beautiful areas.