Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2006, 05:37 PM

Default Because I was asked to

2p2 table on party and everyone is being aggressive and playing (fairly) reasonably. I've been leading the way in VPIP and playing a bit too loose as well as making some ill-advised c/r's. Here we have a turn decision where I decided to check defensively but I suppose it could be a clear bet/fold and check behind on the river. I mostly thought at the time that he either had a low pp, a Q trying to screwplay me, a better king or possibly A high. I was hoping to induce a bluff out of a low pp and was willing to risk a free card vs a pp or ace. Honestly I just thought I was behind and inducing a bluff was the only thing that might make calling another bet worthwhile. The crux of the matter I suppose is whether or not a pp is calling down here making a value bet worthwhile because I just don't see it happening.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB
Old 05-06-2006, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Because I was asked to

In my experiences, when a "TAG" makes a retarded turn check like this after showing aggression, its almost always the goods