Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2006, 12:41 AM

Default KK, ace on flop. 5/10

Villian is 25/18/1.6 after 100 hands.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (9.20 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

1) Do I call a bet?
2) Do I bet if checked to?

Also, how is flop and turn?
Old 05-06-2006, 12:44 AM

Default Re: KK, ace on flop. 5/10

I like every street as long as you check the river. If this specific guy donks the river after you raised the flop and bet the turn, I would probably fold. If you combine his preflop action with his flop action and then add the fact that he got to the river and donked, this all points to him having an Ace.

Edit: I would still call a river donk after this action if I felt my opponent was retarded which many are in these games.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:13 AM

Default Results

If no-one else has any thoughts......

River went check, check and villians As Ks is good (!?!?!?!?)
Old 05-06-2006, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
If no-one else has any thoughts......

River went check, check and villians As Ks is good (!?!?!?!?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus! Fold the flop you fish! Seriously though, I wouldve played the hand the same as you. Damn those ace magnets! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2006, 11:28 AM

Read on UTG? I would just call/call/call if you want to take this to showdown. It looks like you're either WA/WB so I dont see a reason for putting in a raise. I'm probably folding the turn if you call the flop and UTG overcalls.

I also think there's merit to just flat out folding the flop. Would he bet into a PF 3-better and another caller with just a J or a hand you beat for that matter? Sometimes sure, but I don't think too often. I just let it go against a TAG and this guy definitely has TAG stats.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:52 AM

I think it's close between call/call/fold, or raise/bet/check. If we take the passive line we might be able to use our judgement and fold on the turn, and I don't think he's betting the flop, turn, and river with a worse hand all that often.

Even if he isn't betting the river often enough to call if you took a passive line, it could still be correct to raise/bet/check. Say you'd be getting about 9 to 1 on the river, and you estimate there's a 7% chance he bet the flop, turn, and river with a worse hand. Obviously you should fold but if you raised the flop and bet the turn that would've only cost .5BB more 93% of the time and would have given you a 10BB pot 7% of the time. This is oversimplified and doesn't take into account other pros/cons of each line, but I think it makes sense.