Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2006, 07:18 PM

Default AQ Turned A is CR party 3/6

UTG is 35/12/1.5 over 75 hands

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, Hero ....

UTG +1 is your standard LPP.

Calling down seems like the right play, but is it right 5:1.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:29 PM

Default Re: AQ Turned A is CR party 3/6

I think this is an easy call. UTG could easily have a worse Ace. The only hand you're really behind is pocket fives/sixes. But like I said villian most likely limped in with Axs. And MP has two cards. It's nice to be closing the action as well.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:01 PM

I would call down, hoping UTG has a worse ace, fearing he has something like 76s or A6 or 55 instead.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:09 PM

A lot of people peel low flops like that with any ace making this an easy call down.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:13 PM

Am I the only one who's gut reaction is to 3 bet? I've been seeing so much blind aggression at 3/6 I seem to be reacting too aggressively to it. I just see a random bluff here that's checking through the river, a PP that's checking the river, or a worse ace that you can get value from and you've got a LPP sandwiched with who knows what who is padding the pot even more. If I thought a guy would bet the river with a bluff or a pp or a worse ace AND it was heads up I would just call down.

Please tell me why a call down is better and I mean this because I'm really struggling with the shot at 3/6 I'm currently taking.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:21 PM

No comments on a 3 bet?
Old 05-05-2006, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No comments on a 3 bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you do if he caps? And why would you want to 3-bet a bluff? He caps with a hand that crashes you and folds a hand that has no chance of winning. Give him a chance to bluff again on the river.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No comments on a 3 bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you do if he caps? And why would you want to 3-bet a bluff? He caps with a hand that crashes you and folds a hand that has no chance of winning. Give him a chance to bluff again on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because his most likely hand is an ace and a worse one at that AND because we have a LPP apparently calling down trapped between us. If we can trust the 32/12 stats then I doubt he limped with AK, or a 6 except for A6, or 76. I also doubt he's bluffing often OOP with 2 opponents and if he is he'd have to be a total twit to bet the river vs a LPP and us. If it were heads up I could definitely see letting him continue to bluff it. Alternatively I suppose you could call and then raise the river.

I just think he's quite often going to have a worse ace here and not putting in a raise somewhere is losing value.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:03 PM

Thanks guys. The LPP showed a worse A and the C/R'er made 4 of a kind when he rivered another 5.