Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2006, 01:52 PM

Default Dueces never loses?

PP super Thursday last night

I dont know how to use the hand converter and I dont wannna learn for fear I might spend more time than I allready do at this site...

14 players left, pay scale doesnt increas until the final table

Blinds 8K-16K ante 400 (3 minutes until 10-20)

Hero raises 50K with 200 behind from late middle with 22, folded to BB who pushes 600K? call or fold? Am I supposed to steal here? Did I raise too much?
Old 05-05-2006, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Dueces never loses?

Learn how to use the converter, you're doing a favor to yourself and everyone else because people will be more likely to respond to your posts if you do use it. For example, you ask about stealing here, but don't give us the stack sizes of the players between you and the BB, which is an important consideration.

Sounds to me like you tried a reasonable steal, you got picked off, and you should fold now since you still have over 10xBB here and you're better off trying to recover from where you are now than calling here. You'd be calling 200k to win 310k or so, and I don't think you have much equity here. I'd put you as roughly a 2:1 dog, getting worse than 2:1 on the call.

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 31.2275 % 30.90% 00.33% { 2c2d }
Hand 2: 68.7725 % 68.44% 00.33% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }
Old 05-05-2006, 02:04 PM

i think this is a fold... you are probably 50% to any two he holds or dominated. I would look for a better spot.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:05 PM

This is an easy fold IMO.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:36 PM

I got two words for you.....MUCK IT!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2006, 02:52 PM

another question..
sorry about stack sizes, 4 of 5 players to left have me covered, other one is extremely short and not calling with anything but tier 1..

My main question is, is it right to forget pot odds and all the math type questions with bankroll in mind? The reason I ask is because 14-10 paid 1.1K which helps my bankroll but I make that in 5 hrs playing cash so nothing special. While making my decision, I only considered the fact that Id have 200K if folded and 500+ if call and win. 200 would be very hard to make top 3 (which is all I really cared about as it would increase my br to a point that would matter) and if I won I would have 500+, be 4th in chips, and the way the game was playing I felt ~70% confident I could make top 3 if I got those chips. Should I only think about being a 2-1 dog not getting 2-1 odds or is it equally important to consider the money involved compared to ones bankroll? sorry about the ramble, anyway my degenerate ass called he had AQ, lost...no worries..I think I sould have folded though, just felt like I woulda been pressured too much if I folded with it costing 35K orbit short handed

holla
Old 05-05-2006, 03:01 PM

Well, in a spot like this, it's still a bit difficult to calculate your $EV. That said, this spot probably isn't close enough to swing a -cEV into a +$EV no matter what. MLG had a post at some about knowingly taking the worst of it. But that theory really applies more to situations where you can afford to lose some portion of your stack and go on and is more about trying to accumulate a big stack as opposed to making a decision for your tournament survival in this spot. That said, since you seem to have particular valuations for finishing in certain places more than others, you might be able to stretch it to work here.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...amp;sb=5&o=

In any case, I'm pretty sure this particular hand will turn out to be a fold no matter how you cut it. It is pretty significantly -cEV even if give the BB a fairly wide range, so no matter what you think about the prize value, you're still giving up money by making this call.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:47 PM

Def fold. I wouldn't even consider calling here.