Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2006, 05:42 PM

Default Re: *Whine about the M\'s crappy FO thread*

I didn't see this before I started an Eddie Guardado/M's horrible personell moves rant, so here it is in it's entirety:

I wouldn't have this guy on my staff, much less as a closer. He's too old, Jamie Moyer isn't. Does that make any sense? I knew that he would most likely be a bust this season, the only question is will Hargrove steadfastly cling to him the way Pinella clung to Bobby Ayala and Norm Charlton. WTF is it with Seattle and closers that are way past their prime? The good news is that it seems that Hargrove might not be so clingy with his closer. He refused to comment on Guardado's latest game losing gopher ball. He should have been traded near the end of last year's lost season and we'd be laughing out here in the great PNW. As much as I loved Dan Wilson, I cringe when I think about Lowe and Varitek for Heathcliffe Slocumb. As a Mariner fan first and Oakland A's fan second, is it too early to abandon the M's and follow a team that isn't mired in such ridiculously stupid personell moves?
Old 05-04-2006, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Firing Hargrove won't do any good while Bavasi is still the GM. Bavasi would still be in charge of the hiring process...

[/ QUOTE ]

dingdingdingdingding! WTF were they thinking when they brought him over? The Dodgers suck donkey balls, so what has this guy done to merit a job offer? Like everything else that happens in Washington, Mariner personell moves should be put to a statewide vote before any action is taken.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a Mariner fan first and Oakland A's fan second, is it too early to abandon the M's and follow a team that isn't mired in such ridiculously stupid personell moves?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I live in Seattle and I'm an A's fan. I don't believe in this slavish following to your home team [censored] if your hometeam is run by idiots.

And really, Bavasi is not THAT bad of a GM. He's certainly below average, but it's not like he's Jim Bowden or an early 2000's edition of Kenny Williams.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its a little late but Im very happy today. Looks like Putz will be the new closer.

Link

[/ QUOTE ]

Think this move will be permanent? I just picked Putz up and will be very happy if so.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as he continues to be lights out. If he struggles 2-3 times in a row then Soriano will probably take over. I think Eddie is officially done. He has nothing left in the tank.

[/ QUOTE ]
They should try to trade Guardado to the Knicks.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:47 PM

lol nh
Old 05-04-2006, 08:16 PM

Soriano for closer, dammit, my fantasy team needs it.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:51 PM

Putz for closer. I just picked him up!

If the M's are still running as [censored] as their are by the end of May, I expect to see Hargrove out. Hopefully it will be over Memorial Day weekend when I am in Vegas so I can properly party.