Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2006, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Annie duke takes on the world...

I doubt GSN moves the Neilson needle.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:31 AM

Their ratings are dwarved by the networks of course, but GSN pays the bills with their ad rates based on ratings just like anybody else.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:34 AM

I can't even believe how awful that announcer guy was. Well, at least from the 3 or 4 minutes I watched. But I was happy, because high stakes poker is great and used to come on in this time slot so I had to decide between it and 24, but now I can just watch 24 and then watch hsp afterward.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The poker on King of Vegas is better than this sappy crap. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't seen the new Annie Duke show, but had moderate interest in watching it. This review right here has made me vow NEVER to watch it now.

P.S. she has a very gummy smile
Old 05-04-2006, 05:47 PM

How about comparing them to say FOX or Travel channels.

I am guessing a fraction too. I can look it up and just might.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:39 PM

I was really put off by the way that Annie carried herself during heads up.

In the second hand she put all of her hand post flop as a significant dog and sucked out.

Then she had the nerve to talk about how every hand after that (in which her now short stacked opponent would push pre-flop) she made a big deal about how she was ahead each time.

Putting down your amateur guests as a form of self-promotion is just terribly bad in my opinion.

-Yarney
Old 05-05-2006, 11:22 PM

I just finished watching the show and wanted to say HOW THE HELL can I get on the show!
Anytime I can gain ANY information on Poker I take full advantage of. The show has short commings like the announcer - that sexiest turd has to go - but as one who just started watching and playing poker this show has some promise - If anyone out there knows how to get on the show let me know. For the rest of you - your comments are taken in the manner you posted "negitive", I will not discredit the show until after I have all the information needed to deside for myself - Mrs. Duke will and has the ability to do a better show, after some refinement, for all you "PRO-Poker players" who have posted negitive comments on this web site why don't you try to get on the show yourself? THEN I will take your negitive comments as the truth, in the mean time lets pull togeather and help by being the next players on the show, If there is going to be another show. And tell me that you would turn down a chance to be on the show - I think not. See ya at the table!
Pappie -
Old 05-06-2006, 12:22 AM

"Flame on!" - Johnny Storm, the Human Torch
Old 05-06-2006, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just finished watching the show and wanted to say HOW THE HELL can I get on the show!
Anytime I can gain ANY information on Poker I take full advantage of. The show has short commings like the announcer - that sexiest turd has to go - but as one who just started watching and playing poker this show has some promise - If anyone out there knows how to get on the show let me know. For the rest of you - your comments are taken in the manner you posted "negitive", I will not discredit the show until after I have all the information needed to deside for myself - Mrs. Duke will and has the ability to do a better show, after some refinement, for all you "PRO-Poker players" who have posted negitive comments on this web site why don't you try to get on the show yourself? THEN I will take your negitive comments as the truth, in the mean time lets pull togeather and help by being the next players on the show, If there is going to be another show. And tell me that you would turn down a chance to be on the show - I think not. See ya at the table!
Pappie -

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a headache from reading this.

And it's n-e-g-a-t-i-v-e. Negative.