Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2006, 03:52 PM

Default Re: * LOST thread 5/3/06 *

[ QUOTE ]
The reason behind this is that the Others have not invaded the Swan territory for any reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe because the timer and the button is a big joke?
Old 05-04-2006, 03:54 PM

Default Re: another Michael theory no one has mentioned....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wait, so you guys think Michael somehow found Jack and Kate in the jungle, running to them and falling in front of them?

It looked to me like he was pushed there by the others as the others captured him weeks ago and told him "We will kill Walt unless you go back and resue Henry Gale".

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to mention this in my post as a case for Michael not being under his own will. The state he was in when he came out of the jungle was extremely odd. However, this could also be a case for poor treatment and/or extortion. In any case, I suspected he was drugged in some way or another before being sent out to Kate and Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is possible that he could have been drugged with something to make him really out of it when Kate and Jack found him, but I still think he was not brainwashed.

Claire seemed to have been brainwashed when she was taken, she was more than happy to give up her baby and then didn't remember anything after leaving. Michael obviously felt remorse when he shot L and AL, remembers being gone (or seems to remember), and seemed to be fine once he woke up besides a little headache (maybe side effects from something he was given?) I think if he was brainwashed he would believe what he was doing was GOOD and therefore would not feel bad about doing it.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:58 PM

Guys, I know it's a spoiler, but can someone tell me whether there's been any indication that Libby is dead?
Old 05-04-2006, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, I know it's a spoiler, but can someone tell me whether there's been any indication that Libby is dead?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="white"> Nope, not that I saw </font>
Old 05-04-2006, 04:03 PM

bison,

Evidence for her being dead: reports that she's signed on to a pilot for another show. Some girl on E's website claims that she was.

Evidence against: Hurley doens't seem as bent out of shape as he might be in the brief "next week" thing we saw, also she had something covering her chest. Dropping in the fact that she was in the mental hospital a few weeks ago only to off her seems strange.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:05 PM

Dropping in the fact that she was in the mental hospital a few weeks ago only to off her seems strange.

Yeah, I'm gonna be annoyed at the television if we don't get her side of the story. Anna Lucia's all wrapped up, but we never had a libby episode.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The reason behind this is that the Others have not invaded the Swan territory for any reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the Others cannot travel to the Swan because it is too far?
Old 05-04-2006, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dropping in the fact that she was in the mental hospital a few weeks ago only to off her seems strange.

Yeah, I'm gonna be annoyed at the television if we don't get her side of the story. Anna Lucia's all wrapped up, but we never had a libby episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet she isn't really dead but she gets killed off soon, as kind of a double shocker...well I guess triple: dead, not dead, ok dead

Maybe this whole fiasco will lead into the rest of her backstory
Old 05-04-2006, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the Others cannot travel to the Swan because it is too far?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Others know everything that is going on in the Swan. They are in control of everything that is going on, and individually are much stronger than the survivors. I think that they could have gone in and rescued Henry if they wanted, but for some reason there is more benefit in having Michael under their control/doing their dirty work.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:23 PM

1.) re: why they believed Michael.

Jack believed him because he confirmed his beliefs. Jack's itching for a fight. Zeke saw that, and knew if he sent Michael back and had Michael tell Jack they were weak and could be taken, that he, sawyer, and others would go charging into the jungle. That wouldn't be a good idea because, even if there are more survivors than others, the survivors, with about a half dozen exceptions, aren't really fighters. I think any conflict would look a lot like the opening battle in The Last Samurai, where the poorly trained Imperial Army got mowed down in 3 minutes.

Locke I think is on board because he sees the others as a force that can interfere with his enjoyment of the island. Kate doesn't know what to think. and no one else has yet been told.

One of the strengths of the Others has been to correctly read people and react accordingly.

2.) re: Libby.

I've heard around at different sites that she's not through yet. But that's just rumor.

3.) re: Michael's actions.

I think they told him that he needed to get Henry out. Since he's returned to the Swan station, it's always been buzzing with people. When he had the opportunity to get a weapon, the combination to the vault, and only had to shoot one person to make it all happen (notice how startled he was when Libby showed up), he figured now was his best chance. It's an interesting show of his desparation, because if there's one thing I believe, it's that the Others, assuming they still are doing whatever they are doing, would never willingly give back Walt.