Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2006, 11:26 AM

Default Commerce 200 semi-deep w/JJ

The game has been very LAG with crazy action guy on my right. I have about 550 and the big stack to my left has about 1200.

I am in late position w/JsJh I raise to 20 which has been about the standard raise. Four callers. Flop comes 6h7s8h. I bet out 60, Deep stack raises to 140. everyone else folds around to me. (earlier he came over the top of me with a weak Q and I folded my weak Q) I put him on a straight draw with a pair at this point. I call the raise. The turn is a Kh I push out 200 and he reacts like I caught up on him. He heems and haughs for a minute or two and then push all in, I am committed and call. River is a 3c I turn over my jacks he has a set of 88s.

The question is should have I just concide the 60 or make a play at the pot? I think that if I continue the hand after the flop raise I played correctly.

I bought back in and within a matter of an hour I was up 600.

thanks

amato
Old 05-04-2006, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Commerce 200 semi-deep w/JJ

you are NEVER ahead after he pushes against the turn donkbet. I mean seriously. The board has 3 to a straight, the flush just hit too. There's no way he's pushing a straight draw on the turn here...he acted trying to suck you in, maybe he thinks you have the flush and that was his dilemna, but it doesn't really matter once he pushes...you don't have the flush. If you think your J hi flush draw could be good I guess your odds are close enough here to warrant a call, but I wouldn't bet that it is, but I think you should have folded to the flop raise or check/folded this turn.