Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2006, 08:40 PM

Default KQs and I 3bet PF

Only had an orbit and a half on MP1 but he had played about half his hands, raised all of them PF, then bet aggressively and never showed down. Seemed laggy but obviously a very small read.

MP3 is 78/19/1.1 after 80 hands.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB

I'm thinking I played the hand ok other than capping the river. But comments on all streets are appreciated.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:58 PM

Default Re: KQs and I 3bet PF

With that read and against these two idiots I also call the flop and after MP3 folds on the turn I think we have to call this sucker down.

Oh, Nice river card and I wouldnt even consider slowing down until I am 3 bet. I could go either way once we are 3 bet...doubt it matters much to your winrate. If the lagtard got lucky and has you dominated then so be it

all in all I think this is ok.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:04 PM

*Grunch*

Good 3-bet PF. It seems like a good spot to do this based on your knowledge.

Raise the flop. If he 3-bets I call and play the rest of the hand as played.

The turn kind of sucks, but the river is great. You had to have won this hand... the villain seems like the type to go to far with an A-rag.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only had an orbit and a half on MP1 but he had played about half his hands, raised all of them PF, then bet aggressively and never showed down. Seemed laggy...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya think?

I don't understand why you waited to go nutbag on the river, given this read. The only hand that the river put you ahead of is some kind of ace-rag thing, and I don't see any reason, based on your read, that that's what he had.

Unless you want to update your read? I mean 50/50, even over 15 hands, is a pretty good indicator that this guy is a resident of the nuthouse, on tilt, or stacking off.

Edit: I just re-read my post, and it may come off wrong. Once you make a hand on the flop, DO NOT SLOW DOWN. If it's capped on the flop, and he's still coming hard on the turn, call down all the way, even after you make your trips.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:19 PM

Boz, I intepreted Tommys read (small sample) to imply that that villian was aggro but would slow down or fold to aggression. So dont we want to let him keep (possibly) bluffing into us rather than blowing him out of the water?
Old 05-04-2006, 09:05 AM

I don't see any reason to slow down once he 3bets the river. We're behind to 55 (1) and AA (2); we're up against a maniac: I cap this and hope that it's not a split.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:44 AM

It looks fine to me. Ya, I might just call the 3-bet on the river since he obviously doesn't care if you spiked another queens. Looks like AQ.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:51 AM

Wasn't paying much attention when I wrote that, and we're beat by a bit more than just 55 or AA, but I still cap this on the river. We're going to be ahead much more often than not against a maniac.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:15 AM

good hand.
against a crazy maniac i'll raise the turn sometimes but i like to have a little more than an orbits worth of a read.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Boz, I intepreted Tommys read (small sample) to imply that that villian was aggro but would slow down or fold to aggression. So dont we want to let him keep (possibly) bluffing into us rather than blowing him out of the water?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I actually misread "showed" and thought it was "slowed". Still, that could either mean he blew everybody out of the hand every time OR he would fold to aggression.

So, that said, I like the hand a lot better if Vill's a thinking nutbag. I guess I really need a clarification on the read....