FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2006, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Going to Ibiza

Go to Zante.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Vavavoom,

I've heard that Ibiza was sweet five years ago, but it totally lame now. Is this true?

-mp

[/ QUOTE ]

I worked out there from 2000-2003...

I went there on holiday in 2004...and it was still good...I'm also going there for 10 days in Aug this year...

I went to Malia last summer and compared to Ibiza it doesn't compare...My younger brother went Zante last year and said it was okay...but all 7 of them that went preferred Ibiza the previous year..

It depends what you want..If you want a proper nutty week/2 weeks then Ibiza is your destination as there is too much to do there...If you want a beach resort full of 17-20's then go to a Western Med resort like most of the greek islands...ie. Zante/Corfu/Crete/Rhodes/Ayia Napa....

Vava
Old 05-03-2006, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

14 days is fine...However, it would help if u gave me some idea of your budget? There are some fantastic hotels out there but the better ones cost more...However, they can be booked direct from their websites... If you give me an idea of what exactly you are out there for then I could probably direct you to something that is more suited to you...

I used to work for Club18-30 like I said..The accomodation was always pretty decent for what the holidays actually cost....Same goes for those type of tour operators...Ie Twentys/Freestyle/Escapades...You will get young people type hotels if you go with these companies...

Uphospitality was a company that started as I left...I know the owners extremely well and they can be very helpful...Their website is also full of decent information... UpHospitality

Any other questions feel free to ask..

Vava

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not really on a budget. I will be going with a friend and we really don't have any concerns about the money aspect. As far as hotels go, we are looking for ones that are filled with mostly a party atmosphere and are not quiet at night but still nice to stay at. We plan on doing a lot of clubbing and A LOT of bar hopping and just sitting on the beach.

All your information has been very very helpful, thank you.

Ben
Old 05-03-2006, 12:13 PM

Vava

does you location mean you gave into that girl in the thread of a couple of months ago?

Sorry about the hijack, if you goto Ibiza I would hire a car for a few days and drive around there are things to see away from the main resorts, sadly I only had a girlfriend holiday there so cant add anything to the discussion about lads weeks away.