Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2006, 06:10 AM

Default Question to Party Poker

Ok i just sent this to Party and got a nonsense reply, so i wondered if anyone here knew the answer. Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

Can you please explain something for me? On May 1st according to my Bonus Details screen i played 673 raked hands (i know i played them all on the one day because i havent played since). And yet my party points statement only awarded me 116 regular points for live play on that day, which at my level is 4 points per 20 raked hands, therefore saying i played somewhere between 580 and 599 raked hands. I only played at one level.

So why does one screen say i played 673 raked hands (which i know to be the accurate figure), and the other screen says i played less than 600? Is a "raked hand" different for calculating party points than earning a bonus? If so, how's it calculated and whats the difference? Or do you actually award party points on a per-table basis (i switched tables a few times), and not the per-level basis that you say you do?

Thanks,

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-03-2006, 06:22 AM

Default Re: Question to Party Poker

660 divided by 20 = 33 times 4 = 132. Damn call TeddyFBI or maybe his mom
Old 05-03-2006, 06:40 AM

It's the magical mystery riddles points saga

Do not contact party with riddles as clear questions to them is riddle enough.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:26 AM

I predict the response to this query being hilariously irrelevant. Please post it.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:31 AM

Yep the response was a complete fob off. I've replied basically repeating the query and asking them not to fob me off if they dont know the answer, but pass my email on to someone that does.

So basically i'll never hear from them again...

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for contacting us.

We see in our records that there is no discrepancy with regards to the calculation of the raked hands and the Party Points awarded to you, you can also do a manual check from your end so that you will get the clear details on the raked hands that you played and the Party Points accumiliated by you.

You can also call us at our toll free number which is 00-800-7789-7537 and we will be glad to assist you.

Have a nice day.

[/ QUOTE ]

And yes i know that 20ish party points here and there doesnt mean much, but its the principle (and i'm just plain curious to get an answer).
Old 05-03-2006, 08:52 AM

It might be the fact that you changed tables, like you said. If you play 19 hands at one table, then move to another and play another 19 hands and leave, I am pretty sure you will not get any points.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:55 AM

Riddle solved.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It might be the fact that you changed tables, like you said. If you play 19 hands at one table, then move to another and play another 19 hands and leave, I am pretty sure you will not get any points.

[/ QUOTE ]

this isn't true
Old 05-03-2006, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can switch tables. You just can't switch levels. If you play 19 raked hands at one table, switch to another table at the same level and play 1 raked hand you will have played 20 raked hands
Old 05-03-2006, 09:13 AM

Switching levels would then make you lose points,though you get your raked hands in.Unless you count the exact raked hands,and when you get to an even 20 you then switch levels and make sure you end on 20.Complicated but rest your soul pp has in it order.