Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2006, 02:31 PM

Default Re: 76s good draw or fishy suckout?

[ QUOTE ]
Therefore, for those that advocate the c/r, what's our line if 3-bet by MP3? I'm assuming check/fold the turn UI?

And how about if MP3 just calls, and SB checks? I take it we'll lead the turn if the card 2-pairs us, and probably if our draw strengthens (as it did), but what if the turn is an A or a K, keeping in mind what level we're playing here? What if it's a deuce? And how do the reads on the villains in this hand influence our actions?

Sorry for all of the questions, but this is one play in SSHE that I have never really tried to implement, and thus, it's kind of unfamiliar territory for me. I'd love to get a general line on this type of hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Although i dont advocate the check raise I can take a shot at ur questions.

If we are 3-bet by MP3, I think we c/c the turn UI and assuming the turn did not help them or cause an unwanted flush draw. We still have 5 clean outs to 2 pair giving us odds of 8.2-1 on the turn. With the 3-bet, if SB calls there are 10BB in the pot by the turn and if MP3 bets again it will be 11 or 12BB-1 for us to call so yes we definitely have the odds to call and close out the action on the turn.

For your second question i agree with leading out on the turn improved... but i dont think we should be betting here UI. But then again I wouldnt have raised this "draw" on flop. I dont know maybe I'm way too passive?
Old 05-02-2006, 02:35 PM

Haven't read the other posts.

The hand is fine.

I wonder if there is any value in now check-raising to fold out the other two players?
Old 05-02-2006, 02:35 PM

I like every street. The c/r would be great if MP3 is a LAG, but without reads, I like it as is.

Brian
Old 05-02-2006, 02:39 PM

We wouldn't be raised because we have the best hand. We'd be raising to ensure that our 6 or 7 is good if we catch. The pot is still big too. I do agree with your point about there being only 2 players behind and a caller in between though.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We wouldn't be raised because we have the best hand. We'd be raising to ensure that our 6 or 7 is good if we catch. The pot is still big too. I do agree with your point about there being only 2 players behind and a caller in between though.

[/ QUOTE ]
if we never had the best hand, raising would be horrible. i mean, you're saying we would willingly be raising the flop with ~5 outs and zero chance of having the best hand. clearly any equity gained by clearing up a fraction of an out is not worth the massive hit we take by raising with incredibly low pot equity.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We wouldn't be raised because we have the best hand. We'd be raising to ensure that our 6 or 7 is good if we catch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing in the first sentence "raised" should be "raising" - it's quite an assumption to say we won't be raised!

but anyway, about the second sentence...what hands are impeding our 6 being good that we're gonna fold by raising? 10-6? 98 isn't going anywhere. Folding a better 7 is fine but is cleaning up what would be a one-outer (if there in fact is a better 7) really reason to put more money in?

I think there's a good chance that I'm missing a key element here...but as is, with someone other than the PFR betting, I just don't know that I am seeing the appeal to this play. Someone please set me straight....
Old 05-02-2006, 03:06 PM

I'm actually not that for it, I was just trying to argue the counter point (unsuccessfully I suppose). In my original post I said I would play it the same, but I wondered about the check raise as well. But, I guess if we are never good here it's not worth it. However, the original raiser checked, which might make a lot of hands take a stab at this. Perhaps we could be good here some percentage of the time, but I doubt it's very high.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:51 PM

Villain showed Kh Th for the pair of tens