Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2006, 02:31 PM

Default PokerRNGv4.0

Anybody ever use this... how does it work... does it really work
Old 05-02-2006, 03:15 PM

Default Re: PokerRNGv4.0

What is it? Link maybe?

Sounds like a scam that claims to know hole cards or flops or whatever... in that case, yes, it's a scam.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:19 PM

have you used it? how do you know... why couldn't they sync the rng code
Old 05-02-2006, 03:23 PM

What is RNG?

Until you tell us we can't help you.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:42 PM

it is a software program that simulates the codes for online sites and tells you what the whole cards are expect to be based on the alogrythm tha sites uses... and what the flop should look like... it claims 98% accuracy
Old 05-02-2006, 04:06 PM

It is definitely a scam.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:14 PM

It's also in the faq.
-Sam
Old 05-02-2006, 05:02 PM

Ask this question of every "get rich scheme":

[ QUOTE ]
"If this did actually work why would the author sell it on, because if it really did work he could make way more using it himself?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Then please show me even a single historical example where this is not a scam...

I'm sorry to tell you that "get rich schemes" just don't exist... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2006, 05:14 PM

I am sure it is... but 1. it is not cheap... normally scams are relatively cheap... I have submited a few questions to the product producer to get more information... but I was more curious if anyone has tried it. or if it is possible, which I believe, if you track enough hands why could a computer generate the same RNG pin as he software it is using?
Old 05-02-2006, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am sure it is... but 1. it is not cheap... normally scams are relatively cheap... I have submited a few questions to the product producer to get more information...

[/ QUOTE ]
It's better to pull of one big scam and make lots than lots of smaller one I guess... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
but I was more curious if anyone has tried it. or if it is possible, which I believe, if you track enough hands why could a computer generate the same RNG pin as he software it is using?

[/ QUOTE ]
Believe me it really is not possible and if the author of the software could do this, he would have cracked some of the most fundamental problems in computer science, physics and population dynamics, and would have much bigger fish to fry than ripping off poker sites (like 10 Nobel prizes worth).

The way random numbers are generated using pseudo-random-number-generators is to generate a sequence of numbers based on a mathematical function and hence pseudo-random-numbers are not random at all. So in theory it is possible to sinc a copy of the same function and be able to predict the next number in the sequence.

BUT: Poker sites are not dumb... They also know this, and hence they don't use just a pseudo-random-number-generator to generate the numbers. They most likely use thermodynamic and/or quantum devices (like a geiger counter linked to a radioactive source) to periodically set the "seed" (starting point of the sequence) of the pseudo-random-number-generator, so to be able to predict the "seed" you now need to be able to solve theoretically impossible problems (read up on quantum theory).

Then just to make 100% sure they also use "events" generated by players on the sites (such as mouse clicks/movements) to permute the seeds even more, so now you need to both solve theoretically impossible problems and predict chaotic population dynamics of several thousand people (ie: way way harder than predicting the stock market dynamics).

But, without even considering any of this, just stick to the good old "if it's too good to be true, then it always is"... If i didn't stick to this, then I would spend my whole day reading the 200+ bits of spam sent to my yahoo mail box... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]