Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2006, 04:01 AM

Default I actually think before clicking...and what do I do?

Opponent is a TAG, and I think he views me as such. What hand do you put him on that he plays like this? Obviously 66/22 are possible, but would a TAG, who thinks he is up against a decent->good player shove the turn like that? He is only getting called by AA/QQ the vast majority of the time if he plays it like that. Wouldn't a monster check behind on the turn?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (5 handed)

MP ($40.97)
Button ($48.25)
Hero ($189.30)
BB ($108.12)
UTG ($120.45)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $5.5</font>, BB calls $5, UTG calls $5.

Flop: ($18) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $32</font>, Hero calls $20.

Turn: ($82) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG calls $82.45 (All-In), Hero calls $82.45.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:08 AM

Default Re: I actually think before clicking...and what do I do?

this looks a lot like a set to me. QQ doesnt limp UTG but AA/66/22 will.

it could also be a FD trying to push you off the Ace. I understand what your saying about him thinking he is only getting called by AA/set. What gives you the impression that hes a thinking player? Against an idiot this is an easy fold I think, but against a thinking player i can see more of a call out of it.