Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2006, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Magic Card Brag...

Old 05-01-2006, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm dissapointed in magic because I sold my set of power9 when most of then were worth 120-180.
I got rid of my beta lotus when it was only worth 300
and I got rid of my Basaar of bahgdads when they were worth 30.
I got rid of the Bazaars 4 months before they skyrocketed to over 100 each.

Bah.
Magic hates me almost as much as party poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, that sucks. I bought that Ruby off a friend for $200 when they were around 3 bills, and got the Lotus for $500 via eBay, then had it signed in person. Purchased two of the Drains, but the rest of it was traded; I didnt even start till 4th Ed. hit shelves, so I done goot. Even though they've gone down a bit, I'm still holding onto those until it's time to put money down on a home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to continue with the mini-hijack, but those things are actually worth something now? I have a shoebox full of them in storage that are at least 10 years old. I think they're maybe second edition.

Where can I find a price list?
Old 05-01-2006, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm dissapointed in magic because I sold my set of power9 when most of then were worth 120-180.
I got rid of my beta lotus when it was only worth 300
and I got rid of my Basaar of bahgdads when they were worth 30.
I got rid of the Bazaars 4 months before they skyrocketed to over 100 each.

Bah.
Magic hates me almost as much as party poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, that sucks. I bought that Ruby off a friend for $200 when they were around 3 bills, and got the Lotus for $500 via eBay, then had it signed in person. Purchased two of the Drains, but the rest of it was traded; I didnt even start till 4th Ed. hit shelves, so I done goot. Even though they've gone down a bit, I'm still holding onto those until it's time to put money down on a home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to continue with the mini-hijack, but those things are actually worth something now? I have a shoebox full of them in storage that are at least 10 years old. I think they're maybe second edition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to your local nerd store. They're hard to find because there's no name display outside. Usually you'll find a musty side door that'll take you above a burger king. There's really no way to discover where they are, the nerds just somehow know where it is.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

eBay is the most accurate price listing, but that'd be a lot of individual searches.

There are at least two magazines, Scrye and Inquest, that print price guides monthly. These will be consistent with each other, but they will be different than the prices you find on ebay. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions, I havent played in over a year, but I was pretty serious about the old stuff while I was playing.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand this....i got 330 party points just from yesterday....how come i have not recieved a magic card...or did i already recieve it but couldnt find a record of it under my account?????

[/ QUOTE ]

This happened to me too.

E-mail the Promotions/Bonuses department at PartyPoker, give them your account name and they'll look into it.

I did that this morning and came home to see my missing magic card [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Too bad the bastards only gave me $5.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:47 PM

This game is awesome. 20, 20, 50. Free $90!!!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Go to your local nerd store. They're hard to find because there's no name display outside. Usually you'll find a musty side door that'll take you above a burger king. There's really no way to discover where they are, the nerds just somehow know where it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa Pogo. This is either some kind of huge coincidence or you live somewhere close to the Princeton area. Are you talking about Knight Dreams?
Old 05-01-2006, 11:33 PM

75 75 - I missed the first day [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2006, 11:39 PM

IIRC magazine prices are set by stores and are bad indicators of present-time market value. You should try to find a searchable ebay price guide and/or browse ebay yourself to see what things are selling for