Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2006, 09:46 AM

Default Re: MISH-MASH MAFIA I (game thread)

Maybe all three of you are mafia, and I am fuct up beyond my worst nightmare. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2006, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We have a very viable option of a NO LYNCH this round.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure how viable it is. In order for us to learn anything, the mafioso would have to kill somebody other than you.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to hear from everyone why:

a) They are not mafia

[/ QUOTE ]

I've consistently voted for the best mafia candidate each round, and consistently insisted that there needs to be some kind of case made for a vote. I've never been afraid to lay out my own reasoning behind a vote. I've never cared if I make it alive to the end or not, and always focused on the big picture. In short, I've always taken a rational approach focused on finding the best chance for the village to win, and Mafia do none of these things.

[ QUOTE ]
b) Who they think the last one is, and why.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's between Bucs and Chuckles. Normally I'd consider Bucs' abstention from yesterday's vote to be pretty strong evidence in his favour since he could've cast the killing vote, but with only a plurality required to lynch he could easily be a mafioso who saw no need to incriminate himself.

Looking back over the posts for the last few days, neither Chuckles nor Bucs has contributed much analysis. Both seem to just lie low and occasionally make posts with little content. Bucs has a more suspicious voting record with lots of non-votes, but I don't know if that makes him more likely to be Mafia or just apathetic.

If it was deadline time I'd probably vote Bucs, but I wouldn't feel real confident about it.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:20 PM

You would not feel comfortable voting for me because I am a villager. Not that that helps the village or anything just thought I would point it out. I have played horribly this game simply because it is nearing to finals and I have had a lot of projects and tests to do. At this point I realize that Hornacek is not a mafia. If he is one its over and nothing makes sense anyway. Also, it is true if we let this go untill tomorrow we will have no Hornacek. This will be unfortunate because right now one person can vote and the mafia cannot just jump on and win it. With that being said I have to continue working on the project I worked on yesterday and from 6p (7eastern) on I will most likely not be able to post... I would love if we could extend this round an extra day Madtown. With that being said I have a lot of rereading to do before I can decide between SWB and chuckles. I hope I will have time to do that because right now I have to write an essay... Sorry to be kind of useless but if this is extended an extra day I will definitely be able to be more useful. In the meantime do not vote me off.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:22 PM

BucsNo, I find that very suspicious and mafia-like. If you can't give us anything, I'm going to vote for you and blame it on you if we lose.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:19 PM

As for why I am not a mafia I have been a part of killing Vox, Tokyo, and MDoranD. I know it can be good for a mafia to vote off one his buddies to allay suspicion, but there is no good reason to vote out three of his companions. The only mafia I did not vote out was Rbdog, which was Xorbies sole choice.

As for which one of SWB or Bucs I suspect more, its hard to say. I don't really feel confident with this quote from SWB [ QUOTE ]
I've consistently voted for the best mafia candidate each round

[/ QUOTE ]
Which sounds like fancy talk for "I looked for popular bandwagons to join." But on the other note Bucs almost sounds like he is surrendering prematurally. But since I personally have 3 more finals, and a paper due this week I can't give Bucs my vote yet for using the paper excuse. It's been what's causing me not too post much as well. But if Bucs doesn't at least try before the night falls he will have to get vote.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BucsNo, I find that very suspicious and mafia-like. If you can't give us anything, I'm going to vote for you and blame it on you if we lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude please don't. Theres no reason for me to say that if its not true.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:58 PM

Bucs, you leave me no choice.

What do Chuckles and SWB think about lynching Bucs?
Old 05-01-2006, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really feel confident with this quote from SWB [ QUOTE ]
I've consistently voted for the best mafia candidate each round

[/ QUOTE ]
Which sounds like fancy talk for "I looked for popular bandwagons to join."

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than the fact that I actually participated in the voting discussions, how is this different from your defence that says you're not mafia because you voted for the same people I did? If you really believed that voting for Vox, Tokyo, and Mdoran clears you, then clearly it also clears me, particularly since unlike you I was actually involved in the discussion for each of them.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do Chuckles and SWB think about lynching Bucs?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty much a coinflip between him and Chuckles AFAICT. If Bucs is a better candidate, it's on the order of a 55-45 margin, no more than that.

Also seems pretty clear neither of them is going to put forward a stronger case than "I'm not mafia, HONEST!", so I don't think we'll get any more info than we have now. Bucs is fine by me, and if it turns out Chuckles is mafia, then well played.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:26 PM

Obviously out of the three of you, two are villagers. The two that aren't speaking enough to clear themselves could be costing us the game.