Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2006, 04:32 PM

Default KK pre-flop decision

Villian is 24/12 preflop and haven't seen anything worth mentioning from opponent.
Party Poker 2/4 NL, 6 max. Both hero and villian have ~400. Folds to hero on button with KK who raises to 16, Villian re-raises to 45 from the SB. Hero, just call, reraise to ?, or push all in? If just call, then what are my actions are different types of boards.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:38 PM

Default Re: KK pre-flop decision

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is 24/12 preflop and haven't seen anything worth mentioning from opponent.
Party Poker 2/4 NL, 6 max. Both hero and villian have ~400. Folds to hero on button with KK who raises to 16, Villian re-raises to 45 from the SB. Hero, just call, reraise to ?, or push all in? If just call, then what are my actions are different types of boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would call. a reraise allows him to fold worse hands that you might otherwise be able to stack off on, and you've got position to play the rest of the hand.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:50 PM

I would still be interested in pf action, but for the only real pf decision that leads to any post flop action is the flat call. So let's say call pf:

flop 89Q rainbow ($92): Villian bets $90

My thoughts here are either villian is showing aggression and betting 1010, JJ or AK, but these hands are all basically bluffs. The only non-bluff hands that he's betting are AA and QQ, however I feel he wouldn't bet QQ so strongly, as not to push me out. Thoughts?
Old 01-09-2006, 05:33 PM

I reraise to 135 preflop.

Even if you just call, the pot is big enough relative to your stack that you can confidently push any flop (whether he checks, bets, or pushes into you*), but I'd rather get more chips in the pot preflop.

If you think he can get away from AK/QQ when you make it 135, that's a reason to just call. I know nothing about online 2/4, but in my live game, very, very few people will fold AK/QQ here.

*If an ace flops and he checks, I'd highly consider checking. If he pushes, I'd almost certainly fold. If he bets the pot, I'm not sure what I'd do. I'd probably push, but it feels wrong.

Oh, and if the flop comes with a Queen and a Jack, I don't care if he has a set -- my chips are going bye-bye.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would still be interested in pf action, but for the only real pf decision that leads to any post flop action is the flat call. So let's say call pf:

flop 89Q rainbow ($92): Villian bets $90

My thoughts here are either villian is showing aggression and betting 1010, JJ or AK, but these hands are all basically bluffs. The only non-bluff hands that he's betting are AA and QQ, however I feel he wouldn't bet QQ so strongly, as not to push me out. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

He could have AQ.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:18 PM

I think you should reraise to $100 straight preflop. Unless the villain is a total donk, he is not going to push preflop with anything less than aces and this reraise will save you money on a low flop if he does in fact have aces. If he flat calls, I am pushing any low flop no problem, hoping that he goes broke with JJ/QQ. If he 4-bets preflop I fold.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless the villain is a total donk, he is not going call a re-raise preflop with anything less than aces or kings

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-09-2006, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unless the villain plays the Commerce 400 NL, he is not going call a re-raise preflop with anything less than aces or kings. And then he might call with 86o.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]