Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2006, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Grade My Play

Agreed. It's not rocket science, if he has the 2d ok.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:09 PM

C-
Old 04-30-2006, 08:54 PM

I'm responding blind.

Hand 1: If you catch on the turn, it's going to be a little risky trying to use your good relative position to Button anyway, so, yeah, I think you might as well call/3-bet the flop with your equity edge.

The turn raise looks good to me.

Hand 2: I don't enjoy rivers like this one, but I think it's a good bet.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:06 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why you think the button has overcards. Is QJ really going to raise after a bet and a call on this flop? He either has a better [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] draw, an overpair or something like A8/K8s/set. There is also some chance that the SB has me beat as well. I'm kinda torn because it could be a sucker raise or it could be a good spot to raise and really try and convince the button that I have a set (and get him to fold a better hand). Worse case for me he folds 8x but there is no way he only has dry overcards here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a 6-max table?

I agree that dry overcards are unlikely, but your range for an unknown Button does seem too narrow to me. What about 77/66, A7/A6, 99, 98, 87, and so forth?

I'm getting used to late-night 5/10 6-max LAGs, though, so while I think all of the hands I mentioned are possible, I've also probably got Button on a more random hand in general than he actually has, percentage-wise.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:04 PM

Hand 1:

I'm curious about what SB would bet and then call a raise with, other than a set or flushdraw? (Edit: I'm a big idiot, nvm this)

I'm not sure we should backtrey the flop, just in case we lose the SB to a cap too if he doesn't have a flushdraw or set. (edit: see above, now I like the backtrey, although Nick's observations about relative position on the turn being important are interesting)

MUBS, but I'm curious... (And no, I'm not recommending that we play as though our FF is no good.)

At the very least, what are the chances that SB may have some of our cards for the straight?

Edit: basically ignore everything above this point.

---

I also really don't like raising vs a guy that just donked into a backtrey.

I mean, if you KNOW that the button will lay down an Overpair vs this, then it's probably a good thing to do, but if not it's kinda shaky.

FWIW I probably play this identically. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

OOC, what's your play vs a T3B? Call and fold the river UI, or call twice?

---

Edit: Wish I could see results for hand 1. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I like the river value bet in hand 2.

Edit: Another reason I don't like the turn raise... it's possible that we miss on a payday if our flush hits and we would have paired one of the button's cards. It's also possible that their overcards overlap: A8, AK for example, so we only gain some of the equity of the folded K's for example.

PF: I'm kinda curious how close this is in hand 1. I kinda agree with fuji, but it's probably not terrible. T7s or T8s and it's a no-brainer call, but T6s is "stretching".
Old 04-30-2006, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG! Hand 1 is pure sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1 is the pure standard. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But I don't know if I like the turn raise, but it's standard.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:22 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
2nd hand: I honestly don't know what the best play is. I figured that any pair was calling but that doesn't make a good bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm.

Interesting. He would seriously have to call you with no pair in order to make this a good bet?

Are you afraid of a bluff checkraise?