Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2006, 09:06 PM

Default NL25 Calling an allin with a big draw?

Another buyin has been lost! Either I've been playing real bad or just running bad because I've lost just under 1/3 of my bankroll over the last month. I think I'm playing fairly well but I'll let you guys decide

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 handed) HandConverter Link

Hero ($25)
UTG ($32.55)
MP ($19.10)
CO ($29.01)
Button ($21.75)
SB ($32.32)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, CO calls $0.75, SB folds.

Flop: ($2.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, CO calls $25.51 (All-In), Hero calls $18 (All-In).

Turn: ($54.26) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: ($54.26) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $54.26

How do you think I played this? Should I have folded?
Old 04-29-2006, 09:18 PM

Default Re: NL25 Calling an allin with a big draw?

no way in hell. make it a pot sized raise not that ugly looking thing on the flop.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:23 PM

When my opponent minraises I usually just call because they are giving me such awesome odds to stack them I want to take them.

Against an opponent that will likely fold TPTK to your bet three bet all in (note your bet size amounts make it difficult to bet - three bet all in) I like this play but I find your average player at Party $25 will not fold any ace, whether you hit or not. This means that your play, while still +EV is not quite as EV as hitting and stacking them.

Note, as played, calling his all in is an easy decision.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:32 PM

OK, I have no problem with ur calling all in on the flop since u have 15 outs... meaning u r a small favorite... that is good.
However, I must saying that raising before the flop with medium suited connectors is usually a no no when ur out of position.
Position may or may not have helped u in this particular hand... but if u had not raised u probably would not facing an all in on the flop.
just my 2 cents. I hate to see people raise out of position with suited connectors...
Old 04-29-2006, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When my opponent minraises I usually just call because they are giving me such awesome odds to stack them I want to take them.

Against an opponent that will likely fold TPTK to your bet three bet all in (note your bet size amounts make it difficult to bet - three bet all in) I like this play but I find your average player at Party $25 will not fold any ace, whether you hit or not. This means that your play, while still +EV is not quite as EV as hitting and stacking them.

Note, as played, calling his all in is an easy decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

you need reads to assume players get stacked on small pots after the obvious draw hits. I prefer to get my big draws all-in on the flop against top pair whenever possible.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:33 PM

is 1/2 pot your normal cbet? If you bet 2 then the b/3bAI works out better
Old 04-30-2006, 12:29 AM

Your $1.25 flop bet is to chase out KQ-K10 or maybe small pairs. So, after his raise $2.5, for sure he has Ax or better hands something like that. IMO, your call instead of $6 reraise will give you better chance to draw your 15 outs.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:38 AM

As others have said,you should have no problem getting the money in with this flop.

However, as BSman pointed out, pre flop is not good. I will raise SC in this spot sometimes, esp when no one has shown any real strength. My standard is 4x BB ($1), however in this case b/c I am OOP and there is a LP limper, I am making it $1.50 to go.

Also, you should make your CB's bigger than 1/2 pot. Standard is betwee, 2/3 psb to full psb.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:23 AM

Thanks a lot guys, I'll keep your advice in mind when playing a similar hand.