Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2006, 02:56 AM

Default To Programmers: Party Points Program Wanted (Small Donation Available)

I am looking for a program that will calculate accurately regular party points and qualifying raked hands earned on a given day. I know there are ways to calculate using PT but it is cumbersome and in my recent experience inaccurate for low limit NL 6-max (it is fairly easy for limit as any raked hand tends to count while NL rakes smaller amounts small pots). Given the way party does alot of its promotions now (i.e. Magic Card and VIP) it is useful to know how many points you have earned in the day.

I have no programming skills or I would try this myself. I am offering a small donation ($5.00) to anyone who can make an accurate program that works. While I realize that what I am offering probably isn't enough for someone to create this program I hope it might get others to volunteer to donate other small amounts if such a program would be usefull to them.

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2006, 04:37 AM

Default Re: To Programmers: Party Points Program Wanted (Small Donation Available)

When you say your methods via PT were inaccurate, then any method using an external program will be inaccurate as well since it will access the same database.

At the tables, after you finish your last hand, instead of leaving right after you fold, click "sit out" and then wait until the hand finishes, otherwise you won't have it in your records.

Apart from that, I don't know what to say. I just hit 'get all' in the games tab and at the bottom it says TRH -> ####, and it's always right. Then points are based on this. For example, in my 5/10 limit games, i look at that number, punch in the nearest multiple of 20 rounding down, then multiply by 0.9 (divide by 20, multiplay by 18 since i'm silver).
Old 04-30-2006, 05:18 AM

Default Re: To Programmers: Party Points Program Wanted (Small Donation Availa

I understand what you are saying Pogo and I have never had incorrect results in limit games. In limit games all raked hands count in earning Party points.

NL is where Im having problems. I play 6-max NL50 right now and it becomes more difficult in small pots because the number of players affect whether it is counted in a raked hand. Example a $0.05 rake counts as a raked hand if its 5 handed but not if it is 6 handed. I believe the innaccuracies I have are coming from the calculations I have to do manually in these examples.
Also when you set PT to look at a certain day it mixes in hands when a session starts one one day and continues onto the next (I.e. I start playing at one table at 11pm PST on April 11 and play for 2 hours, PT will count all hands when I sort for hands played on April 11 even though 1 hour was played on the 12th).

I believe a correctly written program would give an accurate number of Party points earned better and quicker than I could do manually. There are also alot of people (judging from other post on the internet and internet bonus forums) that like something like this because it would be easier than calculating it themselves.

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

** My comment about NL a $0.05 not counting in a 6 handed game as a raked hand is based on the following form PP website

[ QUOTE ]
Raked hand
A hand that a) a player participates in (dealt cards) and b) has generated at least $0.01 in rake for that player. Generated rake is calculated by dividing the total rake collected in that hand by the number of players who were dealt cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

After looking at my play the last few days I get closer to accurate PP totals when I just count every raked hand so I don't know if they follow this or not. If they are not then the program request becomes less neccessary although it still would be useful to some people**
Old 04-30-2006, 12:51 PM

Is it known when Party rolls over to the next day? Midnight GMT? Midnight on the time displayed in the client (EST I think)? This information is needed for an accurate calculation using PT.

e.g. you play your last 20 raked hands of a session, but they cross the boundary between days, 15 of these hands earn no points since they were at the end of the previus day, the remaining 5 count towards your total for the next day.

dave.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:35 PM

Party rolls over midnight EST for me.

PokerTracker data is accurate, but you can't use hand counts directly because PokerTracker lumps everything into "Sessions." A session that starts at 11pm and runs until 1am is counted all on one day, which is not how Party counts the points.

If you look at your hands from PT for a single day (filter by day, the on Game tab filter out anything with less than $.01 raked), you'll get an accurate count for Party Points purposes. You'll just need to do this separately for each limit that gets different point counts.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:59 PM

I got 5 bucks on it.