Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2006, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Sea -7.5 Was

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, did they ever say why Portis was on the sidelines so much? I think that's another reason they did poorly on offense today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both of Portis' shoulders are banged up and it doesn't appear a week will heal him. I think the Skins will be happy to get 15-20 carries.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:16 AM

Did anyone bother too mention that these 2 teams have already played once this year with the Redskins coming out ahead (barley). Not by much but -9 and -10 here looks to be a bit much.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:00 AM

Default Re: Carefull... facts work both ways...

[ QUOTE ]
If they can make do with guys like Jurevicious, it is gonna be ugly with Jackson and Engram back (for the opposing side of the ball, that is)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Jurevicius is so bad. At least he catches the ball 50% of the time. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
3- Take a quick look at the coaching matchups... 'nuff said there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, is your argument that Joe Gibbs is a significantly worse coach than Mike Holmgren? Because I'd give the advantage to Gibbs here, and I really don't see how you can give Holmgren some huge edge.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:08 PM

Senior Gibbs !!!!
Old 01-09-2006, 03:39 PM

It's amazing how 1 game changes the way people think. Remember how hot the Skins offense was the last 5 games of the season? Now because of 1 bad game people are saying they can't do anything on offense? It was not too long ago that Santana Moss danced around the Giants secondary, and had everybody saying how good the Skins offense is.

Another thing is the Bucs defense is much, much better than the Seahawks. Right now the line is -9.5 for Seattle, and it probably will only get higher, there is almost no chance they win this game by double digits. The Skins have won 6 straight and they are also 1-0 against Seattle this year (although this was at the beginning of the season).
Old 01-10-2006, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's amazing how 1 game changes the way people think. Remember how hot the Skins offense was the last 5 games of the season? Now because of 1 bad game people are saying they can't do anything on offense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, let's check the must-win PHL game:
Portis, injured during the game, still not 100%
WAS 14 first downs
4-16 on 3rd down
Brunell 9-25, 4.95 yppass, 1 pick
Was punted 10 times.
Was D gave up 70 yds to Bruce Perry, PHL's 4th stringer
Moss was okay 4-83 and no TDs.

Somehow I think Seattle is a bit better than this. Great offense by Was the last two weeks.

Naj
Old 01-10-2006, 02:32 AM

I definitely agree that this number is way too high. Where did you get it at -10? At that line I would go big as long as Portis is playing and he is. Redskins defense is capable of making the Seahawks one-dimensional. As long as Brunell can find holes in the Seahawks average defense like they did in Week 4, this should be a 3-7pt win for the Seahawks with the possibility of an upset (meaning the ML of +350 is also a good value IMHO).

Moreover, Gibbs is a better coach than Holmgren. The Redskins have major momentum. And as we all know, defense wins playoff games. All point to the Redskins.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3- Take a quick look at the coaching matchups... 'nuff said there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused, your post seems to be entirely favoring Seattle, and then this. Joe Gibbs/Gregg Williams certainly isn't Washington's weak point.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:16 AM

Washington would have to play terrible on both sides of the ball for Seattle to cover. They really should be able to slow down Alexander enough to keep it within 1 score. Its possible that they come out like they did in that first game against the Giants, but the most likely scenario is Seattle wins a tight one.

Theres nothing Seattle has done this year that says they will run away with a game like this. Look at the home games against Dallas, Atlanta and NY.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-105 at Pinny, I got 2 units down on SEA so far, given WAS' putrid offense and Hawks great O, at home, I think Was goes down, particularly with the injury problems they suffered. Definitely adding if it goes to 7 or lower. thoughts?

Naj

[/ QUOTE ]

2 units at -7.5, 1 unit at -8 at Pinny is my finish on the Seattle game. GL to all.

Naj [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]