Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2006, 09:31 AM

Default Re: Kimbo gives you 3 free punches

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The cop used a few knees (definitely not allowed), but that was broken up real quick.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, i wasnt aware of the legallity of the knees.

i had the volume down, but the blazer dude breaks up a headlock thenm starts doing the "yeah yeah" stuff after kimbo lands a shot. retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Research the fight a little bit. The knees were completely legal. Kimbos handlers were afraid of Gannons kicking ability, so they put in the rules that "Kicks with the shins or feet" were not allowed. They failed to put in there any mention of the knees.

Another time Kimos people rush the fight and cry foul is when Gannon is submitting Kimbo on his feet. Once again, Kimbos people were afraid of Gannons submission skills, and put in the rules that "Submissions on the ground" were illegal. Doesn't say anything about not doing them when you are standing up.

Gannon stated afterwards that he felt bad for Kimbo, as his handlers really didn't have a clue in setting up the fight. He was fully prepared to follow whatever rules were put on paper. They just left him enough loopholes to work with. As it stands, he really didn't need them, because if you watch the whole video, Kimbo gases so bad at the end.

And to answer the original question: Yes, but only to see if I could hurt him. After my three free ones, I am running, screaming like a girl.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The cop used a few knees (definitely not allowed), but that was broken up real quick.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, i wasnt aware of the legallity of the knees.

i had the volume down, but the blazer dude breaks up a headlock thenm starts doing the "yeah yeah" stuff after kimbo lands a shot. retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Research the fight a little bit. The knees were completely legal. Kimbos handlers were afraid of Gannons kicking ability, so they put in the rules that "Kicks with the shins or feet" were not allowed. They failed to put in there any mention of the knees.

Another time Kimos people rush the fight and cry foul is when Gannon is submitting Kimbo on his feet. Once again, Kimbos people were afraid of Gannons submission skills, and put in the rules that "Submissions on the ground" were illegal. Doesn't say anything about not doing them when you are standing up.

Gannon stated afterwards that he felt bad for Kimbo, as his handlers really didn't have a clue in setting up the fight. He was fully prepared to follow whatever rules were put on paper. They just left him enough loopholes to work with. As it stands, he really didn't need them, because if you watch the whole video, Kimbo gases so bad at the end.

And to answer the original question: Yes, but only to see if I could hurt him. After my three free ones, I am running, screaming like a girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for digging up the facts. thats some crazy [censored].
Old 04-29-2006, 02:12 PM

what that gannon fight also proved is that kimbo wouldn't stand a chance against a real fighter. Gannon got the crap kicked out of him by a journeyman MMA guy in his UFC fight. Kimbo can beat the living hell out of guys who think that they are tough and like to fight, but he'd be sent to teh hosipital against a real fighter in one of those things. I'd love to see what chuck liddell or forrest griffen would do to kimbo

[ QUOTE ]
On a separate not -the big guy who fought Kimbo in the gym or warehouse -didnt beat him -but the fight lasted so long that kimbo especially had no gas

[/ QUOTE ]

this statement is beyond stupid. Sean Gannon beat kimbo, plain and simple. Do you think that Kimbo had to be knocked out or had a broken orbital for it to fully count as a win for gannon. Gannon was able to take what kimbo gave and then some, and was able to gas kimbo, that equals a win in my book
Old 04-29-2006, 02:30 PM

Kimbo is like a black Butterbean. All he can do is punch for 3 minutes then he's finished.