Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2006, 10:57 PM

Default 6M 50NL ..Semi-deep..trips

OK well since I know its going to come up, normally I raise the flop more but due to this particular opponent I didnt. This relates back to history between the two of us. I know that Villain respects my play and he has been staying out of my way. My image is mostly TAG.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $53.55
UTG+1: $48
CO: $49.25
HERO: $197.71
SB: $13.35
BB: $133.96

Pre-flop: (6 players) HERO is Button with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, HERO calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.5, 3 players)
SB checks, BB bets $1, HERO raises to $3, SB folds, BB raises to $12, HERO calls.

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($25.5, 2 players)
BB bets $15, HERO ??
Old 04-28-2006, 11:56 PM

Default Re: 6M 50NL ..Semi-deep..trips

call.. get to showdown as cheap as possible
Old 04-29-2006, 02:35 AM

Raise PF. Call and get to showdown, hell maybe raise the river. But this street just call, see the river.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise PF

[/ QUOTE ]
This used to be automatic from me in this situation. Then I did an "experiment" over 60K hands and determined that there are times where I prefer to limp over raise here at small stakes. For me at least, without having opposition that requires me to do otherwise, I feel that a limp is +EV.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:02 AM

if you want to limp in the CO or some such after one or two limpers FINE.

NEVER ON THE BUTTON.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call.. get to showdown as cheap as possible

[/ QUOTE ]

if I had reads I could find a fold here some times w/ the flush and the better Js out you're poss toast.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For me at least, without having opposition that requires me to do otherwise, I feel that a limp is +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure an expert NL player will be raising this preflop 99.9% of the time. If you are striving to be an expert then you should raise this. If you are happy with mediocrity then open limping on the button is fine. Please start raising this hand and many others that you are probably limping. You will win more money and become a better and more feared player.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For me at least, without having opposition that requires me to do otherwise, I feel that a limp is +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure an expert NL player will be raising this preflop 99.9% of the time. If you are striving to be an expert then you should raise this. If you are happy with mediocrity then open limping on the button is fine. Please start raising this hand and many others that you are probably limping. You will win more money and become a better and more feared player.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess the question is how do you define "mediocrity"? It's not the greatest but at this level I maintain a PTBB/100 rate which I feel as though is comprable to the other multitablers here and I put in 50K hands or more a month (not saying that's a lot). As a side note though, when playing 200NL I do raise from here virtually 100% of the time.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess the question is how do you define "mediocrity"? It's not the greatest but at this level I maintain a PTBB/100 rate which I feel as though is comprable to the other multitablers here and I put in 50K hands or more a month (not saying that's a lot). As a side note though, when playing 200NL I do raise from here virtually 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a NL noob. I have nearly 1 million hands of SH limit play under my belt and have just started playing NL in the last 2 weeks. So, I'm not sure what a good winrate is at $50NL or $100NL. Based on what I've seen after 10k hands I would say 6PTBB would be very easy. I'm thinking 17-18 is the very high end if you are playing with good reads/no tilt/excellent decisions/limited tables, while 12-14 seems possible 4-tabling with HUDs.

If you are earning less than 8 then I'd say you are playing suboptimally in many places. This hand would be one of those places.

Out of curiousity, what are your VPIP and PFR in 6-max games?
Old 04-29-2006, 04:46 AM

Obviously, if needed, I change it up some.. but my stats are ~24/14 for 50NL 6 max. Typically on 50NL I'll run ~6 (sometimes 8) tables and I maintain above 8PTBB/100