Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2006, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Party vs WPEX

I am supporting WPEX as much as anyone else.

[ QUOTE ]
Isnt all this just a bit overboard?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree that on this particular forum, it is.

This forum does not need this, they are doing a great job and should get all the respect they deserve.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:11 PM

The wsex spam/trolling is way out of control, especially for the small percentage of players actually playing there.

If discussion is allowed in this forum, I hope the mods keep it limited to one thread. Its not uncommon to open the internet forum and see 6 duplicative wsex threads on the first page.

If it weren't for Teddy FBI's mom, I would have abandoned the forum completly.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's WPEX?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently WPEX it is a site that all the good poker players are leaving Party to go play against each other because they can get 100% rakeback.

Have fun and good luck! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You wouldn't happen to be slightly biased would you?

[/ QUOTE ]

As an affiliate I would happen to be biased sure - if WPEX was a threat. I don't think it has a future, but you never know. If everbody goes to WPEX I can always go back to my old paper route or start walking dogs again. A lot of affiliates lack these secure backup plans so I they are much more worried than me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Right now as a player I don't have any interest in the site. None of the professionals I know are interested in it either.

Generally you will find a better poker player in 2 + 2 so spamming here for WPEX is nothing I will discourage.
If any trend develops the WPEX games will get even tougher and dry up and the games where I play will get softer.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so forgive me if this is redundant...but if this has already been said (I have searched posts and have not seen), it needs to be said again.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh heavens to betsy no.
don't worry about it.
it wasn't redundant in the least.
we definitely didn't have any other posts on 2+2 pretty much saying the same thing. none whatsoever.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
None of the professionals I know are interested in it either.

[/ QUOTE ]

you must not know many professionals then.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:44 PM

I'm tempted to post the nasty PM that the OP sent me. What a piece of work.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
None of the professionals I know are interested in it either.

[/ QUOTE ]

you must not know many professionals then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only know a handful of pros. I guess if I go over to WPEX I can meet a whole bunch! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2006, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello All,

I am a sporadic poster here, so forgive me if this is redundant...but if this has already been said (I have searched posts and have not seen), it needs to be said again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Mr G...

You are forgiven... 2 raises, a fold and a new pair of glasses... Welcome to the confession forum...

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker has taken steps to hurt its loyal customer base.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has???... that's a strange analysis, since what Party has indeed done is protect its customer base...

[ QUOTE ]
Together, we helped make Party Poker what it is today.

[/ QUOTE ]

We who??? Players who know about rakeback are a rediculously small percentage of Party's player pool!... and they have given us good players a huge fish pond, upon which to make a large amount of income from.

[ QUOTE ]
In return, we made a little (for some, like myself, a lot) extra for ourselves (rakeback).

[/ QUOTE ]

Party doesn't support rakeback... get over it. Maybe you mean you were playing at Empire? (You do realize they used to compete with Party)

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker then decided that it needed more money and stopped rewarding frequent players (or reward less...VIP vs. rakeback).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is totally incorrect!

[ QUOTE ]
Sure, I know there are ways around their no rakeback policy, but I don't want to jump through hoops for being a good customer. Bottom line...my play generated money for them, my affiliate, and me. Isn't that what they call a win-win-win situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you own stock in the company... maybe you should buy some, and see things from an owners perspective!

[ QUOTE ]
What is the solution to their actions? STOP PLAYING THERE!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to stop playing there, because that's good for you... go ahead. But, please come off your soapbox... this is not the best solution for everyone.

[ QUOTE ]
You've all heard about WPEX (World Poker Exchange if you haven't...part of a sports book offering no rake poker to attract customers to their site). Why not simply play there?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is an option, but there are planty of others...

[ QUOTE ]
There are plenty of good games. Sure, they might not be quite as good as Party, but eventually they may.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plenty of good games, but not as good as party... you sound like a LAG... take those -EV situations, eventually you'll win a pot [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
And how can you beat 100% rakeback....you can't.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is also incorrect... you can beat 100% rakeback...

[ QUOTE ]
Why not do everything you can to help get more players to that site. Mention it to as many players as possible. Word of mouth works...just look how fast it has grown in 4 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't aware that WPEX was now becoming a Cult!

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not worried about 2+2ers going there...the more players that get over there, the better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mentioned to someone else a couple of weeks ago... the only type of person that would actually be silly enough to post on 2+2 telling people to play at WPEX... was a spammer!

[ QUOTE ]
Now, I know WPEX is not good for affiliates...but blame Party Poker. Everyone was making money...why did they have to go screw it up. Make them pay and STOP PLAYING THERE!!

[/ QUOTE ]

The next time you decide to play werewolf, do it in the Games forum, lynchings outside that forum, hurts a bit more!

fwiw... I laid out the reasons why the WPEX model doesn't scale well in the finance forum a while ago... you might be interested.