Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2006, 04:27 PM

Default Re: How long for Matt Hughes to KILL you?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Subtract 10 seconds from the answer and you'll have the amount of time that it would take for St. Pierre to kill you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd take on Hughes or St. Pierre before stepped into the ring against Arlovski! That dude is scary sick!

[/ QUOTE ]

id rather be knocked out than choked or knee barred.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tis true!, but arlovski does have sub skills, but usually never has to use it as his GnP is his weapon when on the ground typically.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:33 PM

There is no way anyone could land a kick in the nuts.

Also you might be able to stop him for another minute or so if you throw yourself on the ground and start screaming like a baby. He might pity you before he stomps your throat.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UFC fighter
EDIT - Pride is better [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pride is DIFFERENT.
I'm not sure about better.

Matt Hughes would make a strong choice for UFC fighter that would also be kicking ass in Pride.

I really like the octagon in comparison to the ring. I hate the bit where they try to pull the ropes away from the competitors and slap at their hands. Lame. Attempt to move the competitors to the middle of the ring and restart is lame too.
The rules are a little different. When I'm watching one of them, I tend to like the rules of the OTHER one. I'm watching UFC and think to myself--If this was Pride, he'd just kick him in the head.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pride is better than UFC in every way except for that ring issue. If they'd put Pride into a cage the UFC'd be broke in a second. None of the UFC can take on Pride fighters in their weight classes...like Couture is gonna take on Silva? yeah right, he'd get killed. Tim Sylvia against Crocop or Fedor? They'll kick his ass all the way back to Iowa.

As for the original question...I actually got to roll with Matt Hughes once and it took him 1:34 to submit me...which was basically 1:34 off me trying to escape everything and trying to hang on...and this was without striking...I outweight him, i'm bigger, but that dude is a freak and will just man handle people.

[/ QUOTE ]

None of the UFC fighters can take on Pride fighters in weight class? You are excluding Hughes from this, right? (Or are you engaging in some sort of Bushido vs. Pride distinction?)

Elbow strikes are still more restricted, right?
Old 04-28-2006, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UFC fighter
EDIT - Pride is better [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pride is DIFFERENT.
I'm not sure about better.

Matt Hughes would make a strong choice for UFC fighter that would also be kicking ass in Pride.

I really like the octagon in comparison to the ring. I hate the bit where they try to pull the ropes away from the competitors and slap at their hands. Lame. Attempt to move the competitors to the middle of the ring and restart is lame too.
The rules are a little different. When I'm watching one of them, I tend to like the rules of the OTHER one. I'm watching UFC and think to myself--If this was Pride, he'd just kick him in the head.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pride is better than UFC in every way except for that ring issue. If they'd put Pride into a cage the UFC'd be broke in a second. None of the UFC can take on Pride fighters in their weight classes...like Couture is gonna take on Silva? yeah right, he'd get killed. Tim Sylvia against Crocop or Fedor? They'll kick his ass all the way back to Iowa.

As for the original question...I actually got to roll with Matt Hughes once and it took him 1:34 to submit me...which was basically 1:34 off me trying to escape everything and trying to hang on...and this was without striking...I outweight him, i'm bigger, but that dude is a freak and will just man handle people.

[/ QUOTE ]

None of the UFC fighters can take on Pride fighters in weight class? You are excluding Hughes from this, right? (Or are you engaging in some sort of Bushido vs. Pride distinction?)

Elbow strikes are still more restricted, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

He was just running his mouth. Clearly, the heavy weight and light heavy weight divisions in Pride are stronger. Clearly, the welter weight division in the UFC is stronger. Some the fighters currently fighting in the UFC can beat and have beaten some of the fighters currently inPride.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:45 PM

No one asks how long it would take for me to kill him..
Of course none of us would ever fight him in a fair way, I imagine something like Trinity in The Matrix going: "Dodge this"..
Old 04-28-2006, 06:46 PM

I trained NHB for around 2 years. I am 6'0, 180 pounds.

Matt Hughes KILLs me in an average of 30 seconds.
Sometimes he kills me in 10-15 seconds. I think the main thing is trying to determine at which point death is reached. That is where the legnth of time comes into play.

If it were simply a fight, then he would win the fight in however long it takes him to catch me in the ring + around 3 seconds.

A guy like this just does what he wants to with you. I would have to be much much stronger to be able to put up some kinda defense. In order for someone untrained to be able to avoid dying, they would have to be 2x as strong as Matt. Matt is a genetic phenomenonin terms of stregnth as it is.

blake
Old 04-28-2006, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He was just running his mouth. Clearly, the heavy weight and light heavy weight divisions in Pride are stronger. Clearly, the welter weight division in the UFC is stronger.

[/ QUOTE ]

After he gave me Hughes, I was going to argue for GSP as well.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:11 PM

Default Re: How long for Matt Hughes to KILL you? *DELETED*

Post deleted by GUNT II
Old 04-28-2006, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would pee myself
GUNT II

[/ QUOTE ]

the ironing is great.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:21 PM

i would put matt hughes in a kamora so fast his head would spin... if he got out of that, i would put him in a guillotine. while he is in my guillotine, he would experience pain he has never felt before. if he managed to escape from the cocoon of horror i placed him in, he would have a front row seat for the most brutal ground and pound display ever to take place inside the octagon. after my hand is raised in victory, i would do my post-fight interview with joe rogan, where i will not give my defeated opponent any respect whatsoever. then i will leave with matt hughes' girlfriend.